Location: Broadholme, Wellingborough (NN8 1RR)
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 08:00 – 17:00 (42.5 per week)
Salary: Up to £48,500 + Benefits depending on experience
Clancy are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to join and be responsible for one of the four areas within our Water Recycling Networks (WRN) alliance.
Reporting to our Commercial Manager and the alliance Commercial Lead, you will provide commercial support and analysis for the partner and alliance, being responsible for:
- Commercial support for the WRN operational team and the assurance of contract compliance
- Accurate and timely production of budgets and forecasts, including weekly/monthly forecasts, analysis and performance reporting
- Ensuring the correct allocation and reporting of costs to both Clancy and the alliance
- Identifying and delivering commercial process efficiencies
- Supporting the identification and management of financial and commercial risk, using risk and opportunity management tools
- Fostering close working relationships with all key stakeholders including the wider Commercial Team and Operational Teams
- Developing and embedding a commercially focussed mindset within the Water Recycling Network. Creating the tools and processes to facilitate this.
- Supporting the central commercial management and self-assurance of the alliance
- Presenting data and reports at relevant stakeholder meetings
- Managing the Water Recycling Networks sub-contractors and development of your Assistant QS
- Contract administration activities, such as early warning notices
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
To be successful in this role you will need practical commercial experience, ideally within utilities, an excellent understanding of NEC3 Option C and a strongly analytical and numerical mindset.
We would love to hear from you if you possess highly developed commercial awareness, excellent communication skills and the ability to plan, prioritise and organise to deliver in complex environments.
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us - one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
In addition to helping you reach your career goals, a competitive salary, pension, healthcare and holiday allowance starting at 24 days per annum, we also offer perks including Clancy Xtras, our employee benefits programme with discounts for numerous well-known retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Currys PC World and Vue Cinemas, cycle to work scheme as well as an Employee Assistance Programme.
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.