Morrison Utility Services is looking for a Quantity Surveyor for our National Grid Transmission Contract based in the West Midlands.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will report to the Head of Commercial and form an integral part of our growing Commercial Team. You will assist in the control of costs, maximising value, minimising and accurately forecasting cost, whilst maintaining the required standard of quality and safety. You will work within the project teams, liaising with Project Managers, Planners and Site Delivery teams.
The Electrical Transmission sector is seen as a growth market for Morrison Utility Services and following the tender success with the National Grid EPC Framework and positive feedback on other long term frameworks, Morrison needs to build up its transmission team.
As a Quantity Surveyor your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Preparation of contract documents
- Undertake cost analysis
- Assist in establishing client's requirements for projects
- Perform risk, value management and cost control
- Advise on and administer project procurement strategy
- Identifying, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- Allocate work to subcontractors and administer subcontracts
- Assist in providing advice on contractual change items
- Value completed work and submit Applications for Payment
- Measure and re-measure of Sub Contractor applications
- Effective cost management and management of accruals
Essential Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Previous Quantity Surveying experience
- Experience within the utilities sector would be an advantage but not essential
- Good knowledge of MS Office including Excel
- Experience in a cost role desired with knowledge of Sub-contracts
- Knowledge and experience of Purchase Ledgers
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- Full driving licence
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private health care
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.