Quantity Surveyor Location - St Austell Business Area: Kier Utilities & Rail - South West Water Connecting people, powering the UK
Kier work with South West Water as part of the Network Services Alliance (NSA) delivering reactive repair, maintenance services, and new potable water mains installations across South West region. Whether it be responding to fix a water leak or laying a new water main for a developer site, we will be there ensuring we complete the work in a safe and timely manner. We are passionate about providing an exceptional service to customers.
We have the opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor within the reactive repair, new connections and metering workstreams of the SWW Network Services Alliance contract (c.£27m annual contract value).
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, your prime function will be to increase value, reduce cost, drive profit and manage risk in a safe and ethical manner.
Key responsibilities include measurement of works, client reporting, monthly cost and value reconciliation, forecasting, management of sub-contractor accounts and commercial guidance to the operational team. As part of the role you will have the opportunity to support and develop the junior members of the NSA commercial team. What do we need from you?
What will you receive?
- Experience in operating in similar roles in same/related industries
- Management experience
- Possess an appropriate qualification and have sound commercial and business knowledge
- Must have suitable experience working with NEC suite of contracts or similar, preferably NEC4 Term Service Contract
- Ability to understand and respond to contract issues
- Must be able to anticipate problems and ensure appropriate escalation is undertaken
- Must possess excellent communication, report writing, presentation and IT skills
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages
You can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a company car or allowance, private healthcare, a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days' annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
- Free Life Assurance
- Access to a range of attractive Flexible benefit options to tailor your package to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus, many more benefits geared to your wellbeing.
It's worth remembering that if you are successful, we'll undertake the relevant / standard pre-employment checks after you have been offered a job. This includes taking up your references, verifying your right to work in the UK, verifying your driving licence (if applicable) and a health assessment. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks. Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted
We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. Kier is an inclusive employer.
Closing Date: 14/04/2021 Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.