Location: South / South-East of England
Salary: £43,364 - £52,085 (depending on skills and experience)
SGN’s Procurement & Commercial team is seeking to employ an astute and commercially driven Quantity Surveyor, who can thrive in fast paced, but rewarding utility industry. The role provides a fantastic opportunity for personal and career development, with the privilege of having a wide exposure to influential business and senior management stakeholders.
This is an incredibly exciting period for the SGN Procurement and Commercial team at a time when the function is taking strides to add considerable value as the business seeks to innovate in the delivery of SGN’s multi million pound gas mains replacement programme.
The successful candidate will undertake a lead role in the delivery of our long-term mains replacement programme. Key responsibilities include securing and maintaining an industry leading supply chain and optimising competitive value delivery through application of robust contract administration whilst adopting value engineering techniques to maximise execution efficiency.
This exciting role will also require the successful candidate to deliver key Quantity Surveying functions such as:
- Bring skill and expertise in the application of strategic contract agreements to the execution of mains replacement programme
- Enhancing supplier relationships and SGN’s commercial advantage through analysing and forecasting project costs.
- Development of tender documentation (including draft contracts and bills of quantities) to support the successful delivery of Dynamic Purchasing Systems.
- Monitor changes to project costs to inform budget projections and commercial management of the mains replacement programme.
- Liaise with interfacing with a wide range of key stakeholders such as Legal, Operations and Finance.
- Contribute to reporting on commercial performance as required by business directors and stakeholders.
- Consider contract risk profiles and advise mitigation measures.
- Undertake peer reviews on Category Strategy Plans to ensure optimum value and suitability for mains replacement activities is delivered.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
We are looking for a candidate who has a passion and interest in developing in a regulated environment and will be empowered to deliver regulated procurement events and post contract administration, including expenditure management and dispute resolution to minimise business risks.
To be successful in this role, you must be analytical and numerate with excellent writing skills, ideally gained through experience of working with goods, works or services contracts.
We’re also looking for;
- A background in quantity surveying, procurement, commercial, law or finance.
- Educated at degree level would be desirable but is not mandatory.
- Strong IT skills, including knowledge of all MS Office applications, and purchase to pay systems.
- Innovative commercial thinking to delivery value in a regulated environment with enthusiasm to provide high quality procurement and commercial service to business stakeholders.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines, under pressure whilst still delivering quality output and prioritising requirements.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders and to influence and negotiate with users outside your own sphere of responsibility.
- A willingness to travel across our Southern network region to meet on-going stakeholder and supplier demands.
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture and embracing differences is something we pride ourselves on. You will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view to achieve things you never thought possible.
We also offer company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
WHO WE ARE
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…