Location: Thorpe Wood, Peterborough (PE3 6WT)
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 07:30 – 17:00
Salary: Up to £53,000.00 + Benefits depending on experience
We are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to join our Water Recycling Network (WRN) Alliance.
Reporting to the Alliance Commercial Lead you will provide central commercial support and analysis for an embedded alliance contract and be responsible for:
- Supporting the central commercial management and self-assurance of the embedded
- Supporting other areas across the embedded alliance where appropriate in providing
- commercial support including analysis and insights to current and forecast commercial
- Creating the provision of transparent, accurate and timely commercial reporting,
- working closely with wider WRN Performance team including the Systems and Reporting
- Identifying and delivering commercial process efficiencies
- Supporting the identification and management of financial and commercial risk using risk
- and opportunity management tools
- Fostering close working relationships with all key stakeholders including the wider
- Commercial Team, programme delivery, operational teams and contract management
- Engendering a culture of a commercial mindset and challenge
- Assisting with the controlling of costs, maximising value and minimising future liabilities
- Analysing generation of job cost allocation across the alliance
- Presenting data and reports at relevant meetings and to stakeholders
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Demonstrable QS experience within the utilities or construction industry
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise workload so that targets and deadlines are met to ensure efficient and effective support to all teams
- Demonstrable understanding of NEC3 forms of contract
- Awareness of relevant construction and contract law
- Excellent data analysis and reporting skills
- Demonstrate proactive and flexible approach to managing changing team priorities
- Ability to adapt communication style (both written and verbal) to suit a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of all Microsoft packages, ability to manipulate and present data / information in a clear & concise way
- Ability to share best practice and work with other commercial colleagues to identify continuous improvement opportunities
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us - one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
In addition to helping you reach your career goals, a competitive salary, pension, healthcare and holiday allowance starting at 24 days per annum, we also offer perks including Clancy Xtras, our employee benefits programme with discounts for numerous well-known retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Currys PC World and Vue Cinemas, cycle to work scheme as well as an Employee Assistance Programme.
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.