Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to work on our Thames Water Capital Delivery Framework covering the South London region.
As Quantity Surveyor, you will be part the Commercial Team and will be responsible for carrying out the administration of the commercial and financial aspects of the Capital Delivery Frameworks in the Region. The role will involve working closely with the delivery team delivering bot clean and waste infrastructure projects.
As the Quantity Surveyor your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Carrying out the day to day administration of the commercial and financial aspects of projects.
- Close liaison with the Project Management Team(s)
- Preparing Cost and Value reporting
- Preparing commercial performance reports
- Manage procurement including labour, plant, materials and subcontract
- Demand forecasting
- VOWD forecasting
- Cost control
- Cash collection
- Subcontract management and liaison
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- A degree/HND or equivalent in Commercial Management/Quantity Surveying or other construction related subject or substantial previous experience in a similar position
- A commercially and contractually astute individual that takes ownership of performance
- A proactive person with a disposition to take action pre-emptively to manage risk and opportunity
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Results driven individual with the capability of working on their own initiative
- Ability to deal with large amounts of data accurately and efficiently
- High attention to detail
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.