Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor on a fixed term basis to work on our Western Gas Alliance contract in Exeter.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will be part of our Commercial team who provide essential support to the Western Gas Alliance Replacement Programme. You will manage and control the summary of all workload, including budgets, forecasting, actual costs and status and progress of live projects (circa 8 million).
Morrison Utility Services is working in partnership with Wales and West Utilities to deliver gas main replacement, and associated works across Wales and the South West of England.This includes gas mains and service replacement, diversions, reinforcement, governors and highway reinstatement.
As a Quantity Surveyor your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Assist in the identification and forecasting of depot workload year on year.
- Provide indicative costs and produce site specific scope of works.
- Developing and managing individual subcontractors.
- Compile accurate target costs for Repex and Capex works within adequate timeframes.
- Chair pre-let meetings and awarding projects.
- Challenge early warnings/ variations from external contractors.
- Validating evidence and providing detailed observations for ALT review
- Reconciling actual costs against individual projects and agreeing final accounts.
- You will be required to take site visits to establish nature of works, progress, updates and verify additional works.
- Report and chair monthly review meetings to ALT in CVR format, providing MI and detailed description of programme and monthly forecasts.
Essential Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Previous experience in a commercially focused role within the utilities sector.
- A good knowledge of MS Office including Excel.
- Experience of developing and managing Sub-contract relationships.
- Knowledge and experience of Purchase Ledgers.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good administrative and organisational skills.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying.
- Membership of RICS or ICES not essential but would be an advantage.
- Full Driving Licence.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday.
- Annual bonus.
- Pension scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Company car and fuel card.
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.