Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to work on our Thames Water contract in Esher.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will be part of our Commercial Department who are responsible for reporting on and management of all commercial arrangements to support the successful delivery of the contract works.
At Thames Water Agility Alliance, you will have the opportunity to work with skilled professionals from 4 major utility delivery companies as well as directly with Thames Water’s Alliance Team members. Agility have a strong focus on people as we understand the importance that building a confident, experienced and knowledgeable team has on achieving success. We have ongoing development programmes in place across all departments which are continually being reviewed and refined.
As the Quantity Surveyor your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Manage the work stream based Commercial Team consisting of AQS’s and Administrators
- Compile and work with the team to complete tasks accurately and in a commercial sensitive manner
- Monthly AFP production and submission to SQS
- Identify and measure the change on live projects and the negotiation of target cost variations
- Negotiate the disallowable and withheld costs with client representatives and escalate to SQS if required
- Complete monthly CVR’s and forecast costs
- Monitor subcontractor payments, forecast spend and risk and opportunity schedules
- Identify commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change
- Assist the team in other commercial functions
- Carry out trend analysis
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- BSc in Commercial Management/Quantity Surveying or other construction related subject and /or substantial previous experience in a similar position
- Membership of RICS or ICES not essential but would be an advantage
- A commercially and contractually astute individual that takes ownership of performance
- A proactive person with a disposition to take action preemptively to manage risk and opportunity
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Results driven individual with the capability of working on their own initiative
- Ability to deal with large amounts of data accurately and efficiently, with a high attention to detail
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.