Job Title: Quantity Surveyor Salary and benefits:
Up to £45k Location: South West
Utilities - Telecoms Join Kier, connect to your future.
At Kier we connect and create spaces and places. Being part of Kier connects you
to strategically important projects and contracts, where your skills and expertise will be utilised to positively impact people, communities and the environment for generations.
Kier Utilities keep our telecoms clients' customers connected to superfast broadband, digital TV and the latest full-fibre gigabit internet services through the design and construction of new fibre networks as well as the maintenance of existing HFC networks.
With our new growth and ambition to be industry leaders, we are looking for talented, professional and customer centric people to join our team.
With a nationwide 5G fibre build planned over the next 10-15 years, it's a great time to work in Telecoms. Working for Kier you'll be at the forefront of this growing market, providing you with opportunity to expand your skills and achieve your career ambitions within a dynamic and passionate team. About the Role
Reporting into the Commercial Manager, the Quantity Surveyor will have the ownership of the regions commercial activities, including client applications, cost management, forecasting, WIP & Cash management and sub-contractor management.
The role requires a professional individual who can manage both internal and external stakeholders, an understanding of budgeting and cost control and ability to manage the regions commercial and cost administrators. KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Managing the regions cost team to ensure orders are placed accurately, GRNs raised and spend is within the set forecast spend and relevant to the region.
- Setting up and managing subcontract agreements, regular meetings, payments, deductions and final accounts.
- Driving WIP reduction through application checks, and timely change control.
- Ensuring best practice and accuracy in applications
- Maximising entitlement and managing change
- CVR reporting for incorporation into monthly management accounts
- Ownership of weekly costs and reporting
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Commercially aware with past knowledge of finance control
- A hands-on approach with proven ability to run own jobs
- Accurate with good attention to detail and highly organized
- IT literate and experience in working with MS office Applications
- Previous experience with Causeway Project Accounting and CEMAR systems are desirable but not essential.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let's shape your world together.
Application closing: 17/03/2021