You will be working alongside highly experienced chartered quantity surveyors, you’ll receive a strong grounding in all the technical competencies required to progress through a career as a quantity surveyor.
What you’ll be doing as a Quantity Surveyor Apprentice
As an Apprentice Quantity Surveyor, you will be attending construction sites to carry out physical measurements of work done under supervision by your mentor as well as many other accountabilities listed below.
- Building up estimates of the cost of construction based on the information gathered from attendance of site visits.
- Carrying out desktop quality assurance audits of work done.
- Assisting the Quantity Surveyor in producing contractual documents such as payment notices and change control.
- Assisting the Quantity Surveyor in verifying applications for payments.
- Using systems knowledge to generate regular financial reports.
It’s a chance to work towards a degree while gaining practical experience. You’ll complete your degree with the University College of Estate Management (UCEM) this will be delivered virtually via weekly online workshops throughout your apprenticeship.
Start date: 2nd September 2024
Base Location: Hybrid - Mogden - TW7 7LW or Hybrid- Maple Lodge - Rickmansworth - WD3 9SQ depending on your home location.
Working hours: Monday- Friday - 09:00 – 17.00
Programme Length: 60 months + an end-point assessment
Training provider details: University College of Estate Management, Horizons, 60 Queen's Road, Reading, RG1
Other immediate demands: A full UK driving licence (If using your vehicle, you will require business use on your insurance policy at your own cost).
Entry Requirements for this apprenticeship include:
A minimum of two GCSEs at grade 4 or above including English and Maths grade 4 or above (A*-C),
or L2 Functional Skills in Maths & English and 96 UCAS tariff points (or an equivalent level of attainment through recognised qualifications not included in the UCAS tariff*)
Don’t worry if you don’t have your grades yet, if you are due to sit your exams this year, we still want to hear from you if your predicted grades meet our requirements.
What you should bring to the role
What’s in it for you?
- Have a real drive and motivation to manage your learning and working life.
- Be focused, well organised, have excellent time management skills and have the dedication to succeed.
- Have great teamwork skills but also be able to work independently, putting customers at the heart of everything you do.
- Communicate effectively and be able to challenge when a problem arises.
- Be a champion for Health & Safety within the workplace for both you and your colleagues, helping us maintain our great reputation.
- Be ready to apply everything you learn in your day-to-day role and any projects outside of this.
We are offering training, qualifications, real-life experience and the opportunity to "Earn while you learn”
Who are we?
- Competitive starting salary of £20,000.
- Annual Leave : 24 days holiday. (Plus bank holidays)
- Contributory pension – Defined Contribution - Maximum of 12% -2x employee contribution.
- Personal Medical Assessments – Open to all once a year.
- Wider benefits scheme including our benefits hub, which is packed full of offers and information to save you money and support your wellbeing.
At Thames Water, our purpose is crystal clear - to deliver life’s essential service so our customers, communities and planet can thrive.
Water is life’s great leveller. Every living thing needs it, every single day. From people to plants, birds to bees, farms to factories, we all need it to thrive, and we’re committed to taking care of it for us all.
But keeping water flowing is becoming harder. From scorching summers to wetter winters, extreme weather affects everything from our pipes to our local rivers. We must keep millions more kettles boiling, public services operating, washing machines spinning, showers running and more, so every drop is more precious than ever. Are you ready to play your part?
Working at Thames Water
At Thames Water, we recognise that people are at the heart of our business. To help us succeed in providing life's essential service, we need a range of skills and capabilities, representative of society throughout our business.
We seek to attract and retain a cultural mix of people who can offer different but complementary attitudes, values, talents, and knowledge. We understand the importance of appreciating and harnessing the unique skills, experiences, backgrounds, and differences that each individual brings.
Our over-arching diversity and inclusion aim is to ensure Thames Water is a diverse and inclusive great place to work. We encourage applications from everyone and offer extra support for those who need it throughout the recruitment process.
Find out more about working at Thames Water.
When a crisis happens, we all rally around to support our customers. As part of Team Thames, you’ll have the opportunity to sign up to support our customers on the frontline as an ambassador. Full training will be given for what is undoubtedly an incredibly rewarding experience. It’s also a great opportunity to learn more about our business, meet colleagues and earn some extra money along the way.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we may close the advert earlier than the advertised date. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.