Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Project Planner to work on our Thames Water Capital Delivery Infrastructure Framework covering the South London region.
As a Project Planner, you will be part the Delivery Team and will be responsible for carrying out the administration of the commercial and financial aspects of the Capital Delivery Frameworks in the region. The role will involve working closely with the Delivery Team delivering both clean and waste infrastructure projects.
As a Project Planner your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Create, maintain, review and administer construction schedules and plans using standardised WBS principles including all relevant customer/client control gates when developing project schedules
- Liaise with Estimators, Subcontractors, Suppliers, Site Staff and Engineers to discuss the progress of the project and address any issues that arise
- Liaise with external contractors and suppliers to organise the phases of the construction development
- Keep the Client Team up to date on progress and present to the client
- Present information for internal meetings on the project and produce tender plans to support bids
- Develop and identify critical path activities to inform project performance and identify areas for efficiency or opportunity
- Develop cause and effect programme for decision making and supporting information
- Collate, analyse and present cost and scheduling data in support of the management and reporting needs of the Project Management Office
- Maintain baseline information and produce variance reports for performance management
- Ensure integrity of data on P6 is maintained
- Liaison with the Project Manager and Quantity Surveyor to assess the impact of design or construction changes and schedule slippages
- Monitor current and assess future resource needs for the project and programme, through analysis of work load at project level and schedule, monitor and control resources
- Prepare graphs, diagrams and other exhibits to illustrate cost status and forecast requirement for the client, programme and Delivery Managers at project and programme level
- Capture approved project changes (through change control) and update programme baseline and ensure BMS Change Management procedures and processes are adhered to
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Proficient in the use of Primavera 6
- Experience in water infrastructure
- Effective communication skills including writing reports and presenting
- Understanding engineering principles
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Methodological approach
- High attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills and relevant knowledge of planning software including MS Project, and Primavera P6
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.