About the role:
This is a key role in supporting the delivery of one of our major complex engineering infrastructure projects up to £100m in value. You will work with the Senior Project Manager in leading, developing and building a multi-disciplined team necessary to ensure the success of projects and/or programmes you will be accountable for. You will be responsible for delivery to time, cost and quality commitments.
This is a challenging and exciting role, for which we are looking for proactive and engaging individuals who can drive projects forward. With the help of the team who work alongside you, this role will enable you to make an impact on our long term ambitions; through the delivery of one or more of our major projects. Leadership, ownership, accountability and contribution are key. Success will be measured in how we deliver our projects to the business case and how we ensure smooth integration into our operational business as usual.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Taking accountability throughout the project lifecycle; ensuring a smooth transition of delivered assets into Business as usual assets for our operational business.
- Development of project briefs, including supplementary information for the subsequent early contractor involvement phase of the project.
- Supporting the development and definition of the tender package(s), including the definition of the scope of works to support the Procurement team through each stage of the tender process ensuring the demanding timescales are met.
- Managing the ‘route to consent’ strategy for the project, highlighting programme and project risks relating to consents required, including consideration of any potential ‘early works’.
- Accountable for project delivery including leading, owning and being responsible for governance compliance and internal/external stakeholder engagement.
- Working closely and collaboratively with technical, commercial teams and all project stakeholders in ensuring that project timescales and objectives are met.
- Management of risk issues and change in a fully transparent manner through effective reporting and escalation. Accuracy and focus on a “no surprises” are key to success, as is anticipation and early mitigation of risk.
- Working collaboratively with the Communications team to define a communications plan for the project. Ensuring effective liaison and interface with relevant town planning authorities as well as all key internal and external stakeholders that ensures smooth running and timely project delivery.
- Supporting the delivery of the business case and brief to ensure that it is captured and delivered through the project and engineering solution.
- Contributing to driving project-wide continuous improvement and delivering against stretching targets.
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders ensuring successful delivery.
What’s in it for you?
- Engineering degree qualified or significant experience in a similar role.
- Excellent project management skills and contractual awareness of Project Management work.
- Track record of managing the performance of third-party organisations.
- A proven track record of successfully delivering capital projects.
- Relevant industry and business knowledge.
- Financially capable of running profit & loss, taking account of revenue expenditure and cash flow to deliver agreed financial goals.
- Strong commercial approach with a good level of contract knowledge. Bases decisions on a balance of business development and cost control issues.
- Proven process improvement design and implementation capability.
- Can demonstrate a strong external customer service ethic, measurement of customer satisfaction and a proven track record of delivering improvement for internal and external customers.
- Self-starting, resilient and tenacious under pressure, with a desire to successfully deliver projects to time, cost and quality.
- A great team player with the ability to work collaborative in a challenging project environment, who is fully competent at using the appropriate company IT systems.
Engineering Your Future to leave a legacy
Lift the lid of the UK water industry and you might be surprised with what you find – we are changing like never before! In the drive to deliver more environmental sustainability, we are seeking to become one of the biggest producers of green energy in the UK, we have some of the most complex assets in the country built by some of the most famous Victorians. We cover the most populous area in the UK which is growing at an unprecedented rate. We underpin the safe functioning of society.
Do you want to cut your teeth delivering engineering and construction projects in this world? Do you want to leave a legacy?
This is ‘A’ game territory and we want ‘A’ game people.
We offer great people, who want to learn and test themselves to limit, full end-to-end exposure to exciting projects and programmes, collaborating with a myriad of suppliers, deploying innovative technology to secure safe water supplies for today and tomorrow.
Do you fit the bill?
Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday. There is also a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps. We also have a referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer to leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits and for the right the candidate, fast-tracked career opportunities. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.