About the role:
As a Project Manager in Digital, you will be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using a variety of delivery methods, waterfall, iterative or agile in a fast-paced environment. The projects may cross multiple business areas, reporting into a Programme Manager in Thames Digital. You will need to be able to help define project scope, outcomes and run the project/s to the usual standards of the time, quality and budget whilst engaging and managing the project/s wider stakeholders.
This is an SFIA Level 5 role which takes full responsibility for the definition of the delivery approach, through to the facilitation and satisfactory completion of medium-scale projects (typically with direct business impact and firm deadlines). You will Identify, assess and manage risks to the success of the project, ensuring that realistic project plans are maintained and ensuring regular and accurate communication to stakeholders.
You will adopt appropriate project management methods and tools whether predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches, ensuring quality reviews occur on schedule and according to the procedure.
You will manage the change control procedure and ensure those project deliverables are completed within agreed cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off. You will provide effective leadership to the project team and take appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Lead and manage project activities / Product delivery team/s
- Define and baseline the project’s scope, plan and budget that will successfully deliver the business outcomes/objectives
- Support the Product Owners in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Identify, engage and manage direct and indirect stakeholders appropriately in the context of their role within the project/s
- Establish regular project review meetings covering cost, schedule, resources, RAID and RAG statuses
- Create weekly project status reports
- Attend project appraisal workshops/reviews and project kick-off meetings
- Maintain project/s cost models covering actual, accrual and forecast
- Issue resolution and stakeholder management
- Create project closure reports and lead lessons learned workshops
- Lead and manage the project team/s to achieve objectives, milestones and deliverables
- Manage project change (scope, time, budget) within agreed tolerances or escalate changes to the project control board/s
- Follow agreed governance standards across the project/s lifecycle/s
What’s in it for you:
- Prince 2 Practitioner
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Has worked in a Utilities or regulated environment
- Has lead IT projects
- Has lead SaaS, PaaS or IaaS projects
- Project delivery using Agile & Waterfall methodologies
- Delivery of both infrastructure and/or application projects
- Delivery of projects through the full lifecycle
- Management of multiple disciplinary project teams
- Management of suppliers
- Selection of appropriate project delivery and commercial approaches
- Ability to manage and work with additional project resources from potentially multiple Service Integrators
- Skill at managing stakeholders and balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness
- Use of MS Project, MS Excel and MS Word
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer to leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames WaterAbout us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.