Morrison Utility Services is recruiting for a Project Manager (Mechanical & Electrical) to join our Electrical Transmission division working for our National Grid Framework. The role will support nationwide projects and will involve travel throughout the UK.
As a Project Manager you will work as part of our Electrical Transmission project delivery team who are responsible for the delivery of civil and M&E construction projects across the UK transmission network. You'll work on behalf of National Grid on Capital Equipment replacement and new build substation projects.
As a Project Manager your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Day to day management of site staff and issues arising from sites
- Development and implementation of Safety documentation including Health and Safety Plans, Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Fulfilling the role of Temporary Works Coordinator where required
- Ensure full compliance on projects with all MUS procedures and current industry legislation, guidance and best practice
- Client liaison including arranging progress meetings, pre-start meetings and client audits
- Implementation of appropriate contractual change control, ensuring the capture of cost value reconciliation and, program and quality impacts
- Planning and programming of current and future works
- Subcontractor procurement and monitoring
Essential Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Sound project management experienced gained in the utilities sector
- Proven experience of working and managing persons on an Electrical, High Voltage Transmission network
- Ability to develop and work within collaborative client relationships
- Knowledge of budgeting, estimating and cost value reconciliation
- Knowledge of contract documents and specifications
- Knowledge of current legislation relating to Health, Safety and Environment
- Qualified to Degree Level in Construction, Civil Engineering or an Electrical discipline
- CSCS Card or equivalent
- A full Driving Licence
What's in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.