Morrison Utility Services is recruiting for a Project Engineer to join our Electrical Transmission division, to assist in the delivery of nationwide projects.
As a Project Engineer you will be part of our Electrical Transmission team who are responsible for managing the civil and M&E delivery teams across the UK transmission network. You'll work with National Grid, SSE and private enterprise clients on Capital Equipment replacement and new build substations.
Our clients are electrical transmission companies with diversified operations in Infrastructure Project Development, EPC Projects and refurbishment of existing infrastructure. You will be expected to manage multiple disciplines - civil, mechanical and electrical engineering, instrumentation systems, telecommunications, quality assurance and control processes, and health and safety.
As a Project Engineer your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Coordinate execution of projects for the company on behalf of National Grid, SSE and Private Enterprise Clients
- Ensure effective integration and management of the project design and delivery process inclusive of technical design, build, commercial and programme management for projects.
- Coordinate design teams through the client design verification and assurance process, with the aim of ensuring contractual key dates are met.
- Undertake role of Temporary Works Coordinator and maintain project Temporary Works Registers throughout project life cycles.
- Use client project management systems to raise and track contractual correspondence such as Early Warning Notifications and Compensation Events.
- Coordinate project programme development with Site Managers and Project Planners, and ensure timely submission of programme updates to the client.
- Prepare and submit project completion / handover documentation, including Health and Safety File information, and Inspection Test Plans.
- Coordinate drawing mark ups with Site Managers, and development of as-built drawings, and ensure submission to client in line with contractual key dates.
- Attend project Inaugural and Pre-Start Site Meetings.
Essential Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Previous electrical engineering experience gained within the Electrical Transmission sector is essential.
- Extensive relevant work experience in construction management delivering capital projects.
- Ability to develop and work within collaborative client relationships
- Strong presentation skills.
- Good relationship management skills.
- A sound knowledge of IT skills, Microsoft Office products and database platforms
- Construction/Construction Management or Project Management qualification.
- Related industry discipline, formal Civil or Electrical qualification an advantage.
- CSCS card or equivalent.
- Full driving licence.
What's in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car/ car allowance and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.