About the role:
We are seeking commercial and driven candidates to manage the end to end delivery cycle of engineering projects from the initial scoping of the need, through to commission/setting to work and handing back the completed project to the client.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Managing and delivering a portfolio of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation projects with a value of up to £5 million per annum.
- Working with Thames Water and contractors to scope, define and cost a solution that is both cost-effective and with minimal risk to the business.
- Promote our zero compromise attitudes to health and safety, striving for continuous improvement at all times.
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements, ensuring that all projects designed to comply with Construction Design and Management Regulations (CDM).
- Work collaboratively with delivery partners/contractors to ensure that schemes deliver on time.
- Drafting, vetting and approving pre-construction information, project plans, construction phase H&S plans (CPP) and commissioning plans.
- Overseeing the commissioning and hand over of the project to the operational client.
- Ensuring appropriate training has been completed and that completion documents are available and handed over including test certificate and constructed drawings.
What’s in it for you:
- Experience in the delivery, design and estimating of engineering projects is critical, as is an awareness of Health and Safety issues with particular reference to construction works including CDM.
- You will have gained experience within a commercial and technical role and will have a minimum of a BTEC/HND in mechanical or electrical engineering. Additionally, you will have the ability to work with minimum supervision, under your own initiative to deliver specified outputs.
- We are seeking an experienced project engineer, having managed high-value projects from start to finish. You will be confident procuring qualified contractors and must be articulate, numerical and commercially minded. If you have experience in the waste or water industry, this would be highly advantageous.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer to leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames Water About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.