Project Engineer – Major Projects
Salary: £34.6k - £43.3k (dependent on skills & qualifications)
Here at SGN we are all about people and building safe experiences for our customers through delivering their gas safely, reliably, and efficiently. The gas network industry is preparing for its next exciting new chapter, which will see a further significant focus on customer satisfaction and support for those vulnerable within our communities. Our people are at the heart of SGN, and our Team Managers are therefore critical to success.
Opportunities have arisen for the position of Project Engineer within our Scotland Major Projects Team. Reporting to a Project Manager, you will be part of a team working to successfully deliver gas infrastructure projects including transmission pipelines, gas storage and above-ground installations.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Technical coordination of project feasibility, design, procurement, site installation and commissioning of all aspects of gas network construction projects.
- Managing projects to meet programme and budget constraints.
- Coordination of project related activities interfacing with SGN Operations, Asset Management, Gas Control, and other departments, and externally with third party designers, installation contractors, specialist suppliers and other interested parties.
- Management of project documentation and drawings.
- Effective management of contractors.
As a Project Engineer you join a team of experienced engineers and project managers and developed in the role. This will be supported by line managers and mentors following a training and development plan with potential to progress further.
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture and embracing differences is something we pride ourselves on. You will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view to achieve things you never thought possible.
We also offer company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
A recognised engineering qualification and ideally some experience of working in an engineering or construction environment. (educated to HND/C or degree level in mechanical engineering or a similar discipline)
We’re also looking for;
- The ability to get on well with all types of people e.g. members of the public, managers, customers, suppliers etc.
- An awareness of working within a budget and being cost-conscious.
- The ability to think on your feet whilst always being safety aware.
- Flexibility is essential in this role both in terms of hours of work and responsibilities (you may also be required to visit locations around the UK for training or to support team activities).
- Experience of Safety, Health and Environmental management within a project environment.
- Excellent computer literacy, experience of general office software, CAD and engineering related applications.
- The ability to understand and manage projects from inception to commissioning, meet tight timescales, multi-task and react to changing priorities in a challenging environment.
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…