Scottish Power HQ, Glasgow.
Salary starting from £39,240 per annum.
Flexible & Hybrid Working
Closing Date: 22 November 23
Help us create a better future, quicker
This is an exciting time to join SP Energy Networks (SPEN) as a Project Engineer. We are working to transform, develop and improve services for our customers and stakeholders whilst working towards the UK's Net Zero and Low Carbon targets!
A Project Engineer within the Transmission Network team of ScottishPower Energy Networks (SPEN) conducts power system studies, modelling and analysis to assess various aspects of network and generator performance, including network capacity, voltage control, fault levels, power quality and stability.
What you'll be doing
- Assessing the transmission system for compliance with planning and operational standards, by carrying out network studies, evaluating and reporting the results.
- Contributing to the creation, maintenance and validation of transmission network analysis models and datasets.
- Supporting connection application and network planning processes by carrying out network simulations, studies and analysis.
- Contributing to challenging projects, the application of new technologies or the investigation of network disturbances.
- Provide network design and analysis support across SPEN.
- Assist with the preparation of industry publications such as the Electricity Ten Year Statement (ETYS) and the Network Options Assessment (NOA), by implementing network models and carrying out network simulations.
What you'll bring
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant experience.
- Experience in power system design and analysis.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: HVDC, power system harmonics, electromagnetic transient studies, control systems.
What's in it for you
As well as a competitive salary which is reviewed annually, you can also enjoy a number of other benefits. With our pension scheme, we'll double match your contribution up to a company contribution of 10%.
At ScottishPower, we believe it's the little things we do in life that make a big difference. From helping you look after your family's wellbeing, save for your future and take personal steps for climate action - our benefits are designed to help you do just that - so that you have everything you need to take care of your world - today and tomorrow. That's why our benefits include:
- 36 days annual leave
- Holiday purchase - perfect your work/life balance with extra annual leave
- Share Incentive Plan and Sharesave Scheme
- Payroll giving and charity matched funding
- Technology Vouchers - save more and spread the cost of your technology purposes
- Count us in - pledge to reduce carbon emissions and help fight climate change
- Electric Vehicle Schemes - to help you transition to green/clean driving
- Cycle to Work scheme and public transport season ticket loans
- Options to purchase dental insurance, private medical insurance, health cash plan and annual health assessments
- Life Assurance (4x salary)
- Access to nudge' financial wellbeing support
- Plus shopping, leisure, restaurant and gym discounts, and unique employee deals on travel insurance and more
Why SP Energy Networks
SP Energy Networks is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world's largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy. We keep electricity flowing to homes and businesses through Central and Southern Scotland, North Wales and in the North West of England. We operate over 4000km of cables and lines that make-up the transmission network - connecting infrastructure like wind farms into the electricity system. It's a role that puts us right at the heart of Scotland's ambition to be Net Zero by 2044. And we're taking it very seriously. We're investing £5.5 billion into our transmission network, directly supporting the rapid growth needed in renewable energy. With diverse opportunities across our businesses and a commitment to invest in our own internal talent, ScottishPower can offer people real career opportunities that meet personal and professional goals, in a global organisation.
Inclusion, diversity, and a social purpose are at the heart of everything we do. Together with our values, they bring us together into a stronger, more sustainable business with direct links to the communities we serve. It takes all kinds of people to build a large-scale business like ours, so whatever your background, you'll fit right in.
We are committed to providing reasonable support or adjustments in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to careers scottishpower.com .