About The Role
Morrison Water Services is currently looking to recruit a Project Engineer to work on our Anglian Water Alliance contract in Colchester.
We are one of the 4 partners in the IOS alliance who are responsible for delivering minor capital MEICA projects throughout the Anglian Water region.
As a Project Engineer you will be part of our IOS Team who are responsible for
delivery of minor capital works. Working as part of the Delivery Team reporting to the Delivery Manager. The role will involve enabling projects to be delivered to time, cost, specification, client needs and the needs and regulations of other stakeholders.
As the Project Engineer your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Receipt of needs from Anglian Water (planned or reactive)
- Ensure solutions are compliant with all required standards and regulations
- Provide regular updates on progress (time, cost and quality) to the Programme Manager and other key internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure work management systems are updated on a weekly basis
- Raise Early Warning Notices and Change Requests when required if projects incur delays in time or increases in cost to the Programme Manager
- Challenge data, confirm the need and analyse risks to establish clear cost and risk benefit proposition
- Develop projects in accordance with agreed governance of the IOS Process
- Calculate Risk Index to ensure the data and process are robust and auditable
- Develop solutions ensuring the optimum Totex solution is developed in line with corporate governance processes
- Ensure standard products and other technical standards (e.g. minimum asset standards) are adhered to
- Support the capture of outputs and asset changes (decommissioning, alteration, creation) in the relevant corporate systems
- Complete and comply with all operational site Health and Safety requirements to ensure safe working practices and carry out risk assessments as necessary
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Education to A level or equivalent
- Appropriate professional engineering qualification
- Operational water experience
- Contract management skills
- Capital budget management skills not revenue
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong cost and risk based analysis skills
- Basic understanding of the regulatory processes that govern AW’s IOS Initiative
- Experience of customer and external stakeholder management and planning and resource scheduling
- Able to relay detailed data to a non-data literate audience
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.