Project Delivery Engineer
Base location flexible however, travel will be expected across the Cadent footprint and our main offices in Hinckley and Coventry.
Here at Cadent we’re at the start of a really exciting journey of transformation, growth and evolution. We’re new but we’re 200 years old. (You might have known us as part of National Grid but now we’ve transformed ourselves to Cadent). We’re the UK’s largest gas network connecting and keeping energy flowing to our customer’s 12 million homes and businesses across the UK. That’s half the UK, not bad going really.
We’re proud of our story so far and we’re super powered up about what our future holds. That’s where you come in!
About the Role
As Project Delivery Engineer you’ll deliver a number of Asset Health capital projects to time, cost and specification in accordance with Cadent’s Investment Process. You’ll be responsible for ensuring health, safety and environmental issues are managed throughout the process.
- Provide appropriate project input into the pre-sanction design process, including review of the proposals for SHE management, project risks, deliverability, and safety performance
- Develop, implement, and manage the project delivery process, engaging with Network Strategy, Land and Development Community Relations (CR) to ensure robust designs and programmes are in place.
- Management of the programme, budgets, quality, and risks and Community Stakeholders to preserve Cadent’s reputation
- Develop, implement, and manage project delivery, design, safety by design, commissioning, scheme closure and post-completion requirements.
- Act as single point of contact on behalf of the NEC3 Project Manager for instruction of works or any changes to these
- Obtaining support from senior colleagues (Lead Project Manager / Senior Project Manager) Oversee and challenge the activities of more junior team members; provide advice and coaching as necessary
- Manage and co-ordinate Contractors and project teams, including the co-ordination and integration of projects across Delivery Vehicle and Delivery Unit boundaries, to successfully deliver projects to time, cost and specification and with minimal disruption
- Provide regular project monthly status reports which will include: SHE performance, milestone progress, risk management and current and forecast financial performance
Perform the role of CDM Commercial Client Representative, ensuring that Commercial Client duties are discharged, and also ensuring other duty holders are appointed as required under CDM
- Monitor Contractor site activities to ensure compliance with Cadent’s SHES standards, Health & Safety, Environmental legislation and CDM regulations
- Manage the Contractor commissioning and performance testing process on site. Ensure the provision of accurate ‘as built’ documentation to handover of the assets onto the system to the standards defined in the design
- Manage standard and routine third party issues, land, consents, grantors, public relations and Community Stakeholders to preserve Cadent reputation
- Good knowledge of high pressure gas networks
- Sound experience of successful project delivery and project team leadership skills
Good influencing and negotiating skills
- Good communication and Stakeholder Management skills
- Good Project Management skills including management of risk for delivery of projects to scope, time, cost, quality, safety and security of supply
- Proficient in Contract management NEC3 contract terms fixed price and target cost contracts
- Proficient understanding and experience of Safety and Environmental legislation, practices and policies
- Working knowledge of CDM Regulations
- Educated to at least HNC/HND level or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Working knowledge of Network Operations and SCO requirements (minimum of SCO/1 & SCO/2).
- Degree in engineering or construction related field.
- Ideally Incorporated or Chartered status (or similar) in the field of engineering or contract / project management
- Recognised training or qualifications in Health, Safety, Environmental or Financial management
Diversity and Inclusion
Cadent has a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, the more diverse our organisation is, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our communities in all their diversity. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
We want our employees to achieve a work life balance and are happy to discuss flexible working options with you if the role can accommodate it.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know. We’re committed to be Disability Confident in line with the department of work and pensions scheme.
Be part of something big, help shape the future of gas for generations to come