Project Construction Manager
Salary: £35K Plus Car Allowance
Hours: 37 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Location: Green Lane, Walsall with travel to Cambridge
At South Staffs Water we deliver clean and reliable water supplies to around 1.5 million customers within the South Staffs and Cambridge regions.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Construction Manager, to join our facilities management team, this role will be managing Capital Expenditure Projects across the company estate.
The Facilities Department cover South Staffs Water and Cambridge Water ensuring all regulatory and legal compliance requirements are met, monitored, and updated. Managing and maintaining the condition of the buildings and ensuring they are fit for purpose.
Facilities cover a wide and varied range of assets within the business, this role will require knowledge of buildings and property, we are a fast-paced department, we are looking for someone who understand project management and is ready to take on a new challenge.
Ensure compliance with company policy and procedures for the procurement of capital works
- Review quotes received by contractors and support the preparation and awarding of works
- Undertake project progress review meetings contractors and stakeholders
- Line Management of the FM team Construction and Compliance Supervisor
- Ensure projects are delivered within time and budget and to the appropriate quality
- Resolve contractual or project management related issues
- Have contractor management experience
- Sign off or handover projects on completion
- Prioritise projects in consultation with the Facilities & Building Manager
- Undertake monthly site audits, including H&S
- Collate and review method statements and risk assessments and ensure appropriate access permits are in place for contractors to undertake works
- Identify Capital Projects within the Facilities Department and write supporting Capital Papers for Governance
- Work with the Facilities Manager to forecast the AMP Cycles.
The successful candidate will have a full driving license, be educated preferably to HND or with an apprenticeship in an appropriate discipline, or GCSE grade C/Level 4 and able to demonstrate technical skills such as Project Management and Delivery, Building and Property knowledge, CDM Regulations, NEC Experience, H&S Management, Project Planning, Water Industry experience, Contract management, IOSH.
As an employee of South Staffs Water, you will have access to a range of benefits. For further details, please visit the Careers section of our website www.south-staffs-water.co.uk.
To apply please forward your CV and covering letter to: WaterHR@south-staffs-water.co.uk
Closing Date: 31st May 2022