About the role:
We are seeking an operational strategic lead’s across London & Thames Valley to help understand the efficient operation of the production area, maximising our cheaper sites, balancing the short term needs against the seasons ahead.
The role will have an input into the investment requirements and risks associated to the area, whilst allowing outages and maintenance to be undertaken in a controlled fashion across abstraction, production and transmission. Duties of this role will include:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Understanding unit costs from both a budget & real-time perspective will be key to analysing the areas of challenge. You will be required to work across a variety of teams and influencing a change in culture and behaviour.
- Defining the optimisation programme activity to deliver operational excellence benefits and aid Water Production in achieving their three key objectives across the coming years; maintain water quality compliance, promote system resilience and drive cost efficiencies ensuring value-for-money for our customers.
- Carry outsource to tap analysis of key operational sites, offering solutions and recommendations to make improvements and process changes in an innovative and effective way. You will drive optimisation and compliance, improve the technical knowledge with operational teams and be the specialist within your field.
- Drive a smarter abstraction methodology, working across departments to have faster decision making in times of water resource challenge and greater optimisation.
What’s in it for you:
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills
- A good level of computer skills eg. Word and Excel.
- The ability to influence and deliver work collaboratively with others.
- A varied and strong understanding of Water Production and the wider business as a whole.
- Capable of working both in the office and out on-site to support improvements ensuring a cost-effective way of working.
- Due to the nature of the role, you will need to hold a full UK driving licence and an optional car allowance is included in the role.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.