Are you an experienced waste management Production Manager looking for a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
We are looking to recruit a Production Manager based at our Rochester Polymer Recycling Facility (PRF), working 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
What will you be doing?
The Production Manager will competently plan and manage production activities at Rochester PRF to ensure that all operations are carried out in a safe, economical and timely manner in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures. You’ll maximise recycling, recovery rates, productivity and plant efficiency through active management of production staff and associated functions.
The Production Manager will liaise and communicate effectively with all other internal departments within Viridor as well as external agencies such as HSE, EA, planners and contractors as required. resources, attendance at public exhibitions and events, meetings and presentations on or off-site. Additionally, you will assist with collating contractual information including financial and contractual reports and tonnage information.
What do you need?
- Working knowledge of the relevant legislation that relates to the operation of Material Recycling Facilities, WTS and Household Waste Recycling Centres
- Good knowledge of health and safety regulation and safe systems of work
- Good knowledge of plant and machinery relevant to waste recycling and recovery
- Knowledge of Gatehouse system
- Hold a relevant COTC (4TSH)
- Good communication skills with the ability to liaise with other staff, customers, regulators and the general public
- Proven ability to deliver improvement in all areas of responsibility
- Display a positive attitude at all times
- Ability to motivate employees
- Ability to formulate and operate within a budget
- Full UK driving licence
What can Viridor offer you?
In return for your hard work as our Production Manager, we can offer a competitive salary plus a package, including pension, healthcare and a range of flexible benefits
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click apply.