About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join our busy Property Searches team in central Reading, Berkshire.
As Product Specialist you will engage with all Property Searches suppliers for both onshore and offshore services whilst delivering the customer experience required in meeting the process and standards agreed.
You will use your specialist knowledge to provide technical expertise completing tasks and manual exceptions in our bespoke whilst managing relationships with both external suppliers and internal stakeholders. You will drive continuous improvement within the business through the creation and delivery of training material on business processes for onshore and offshore teams. Key areas of accountability will include:
- Act as the first point of contact for enquiries from internal or external customers and business partners, forwarding specialist requests as appropriate
- Provide specified administrative support to others to help them and the team meet their operational, commercial and professional objectives
- Working with the team manager engage with suppliers to identify underlying issues with service provision and drive areas for continuous improvement
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Identify opportunities to improve sales, practices and effectiveness through product development
- Supply and analyse complex information and recommend solutions
- Support the business teams in the development of business processes and communication relating to any process changes
- Support and coach offshore partners to support the delivery against department objectives
- Strong analytical and organisation skills
- Good attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder engagement management skills with a proven ability to communicate at all levels
- Experience in the creation and delivery of training material
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to analyse information, action and/or recommend solutions
- Knowledge of intermediate Microsoft Office is essential.
- Able to showcase excellent negotiating and influencing
- Proven supplier management with strong engagement and relationship building abilities
- Experience in driving continuous improvements resulting in cost efficiencies and maximising productivity is advantageous
Property Searches operates within a hugely competitive market making it essential that we deliver products and services to a high level of customer satisfaction.
Property Searches is an exciting and rewarding place to work. This is an exciting opportunity within the group services division of Thames Water, in which you will be managing relationships with stakeholders and external suppliers to ensure the services we deliver are best in class as well as managing all associated costs and processes.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames Water About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.