About the role
As a Product Owner in the Online Team, you’ll report to our Senior Online Portfolio Manager. You’ll be responsible for supporting with the planning, delivery and execution of roadmaps for a portfolio of products, which make up our inbound and outbound messaging & communication channels. This includes messaging, webchat, email, SMS and IVR. You'll primarily be responsible for the IVR channel and running it as a product. You’ll also help communicate and drive collaboration with teams across the business to deliver the best outcomes for your products and our customers.
Are you an experienced Product Owner looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to further advance your skills and career in a great working environment?
If you are a highly motivated individual with a genuine interest in customer experience and technology and a passion to deliver cutting-edge products, we have the perfect job for you! Key areas of accountability will include:
- Develop a clear roadmap for the IVR which works in conjunction with the Next Generation Contact Centre project
- Deliver new features, such as IVR to Messaging and Identity/authentication in collaboration with other product teams in the Online Team, and executing the strategic roadmap outlined by the Senior Online Portfolio Manager.
Manage the backlog of change to:
To be successful at this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- meet Avoid & Channel Shift (A&CS) targets of telephony reduction, thus optimising self-serve journeys, initially tackling reporting and insight findings
- meet the omni-channel strategy of aligning channel experience e.g. triage of customer contact in alignment with web and messaging channels
- ensure the IVR can be configured to meet tactical customer contact demand requirements
- Review new tech features to further enhance the customer experience to contribute to CSAT specifically on fully automated self-serve journeys
What’s in it for you?
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner (CSPO certification beneficial)
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Attention to details
This is a brilliant career opportunity for anyone who wants to work as a product owner within a team of like-minded individuals that support each other as a whole unit. If you enjoy setting the strategy, communicating your vision, work-hard to drive the best customer experience and continually add value through optimising insight-led customer journeys as well as being excited by technology then you will thrive in this role and be rewarded by delivering transformative digital experience.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames Water About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.