Procurement Specialist - Plant & Fleet
- Job Reference: 00021615-1
- Date Posted: 3 May 2022
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Doncaster, Yorkshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Procurement Specialist - Plant and Fleet
Sidings Ct, Doncaster, South Yorkshire
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
We own and operate more than 200 recycling, treatment and disposal facilities and employ nearly 2,400 people across the UK.
We’re currently looking for a Procurement Specialist to join our team in Doncaster, on a permanent, full-time basis working 37.5 hours per week.
- Competitive salary
- Up to 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
- Peer to peer recognition scheme
- Training and development opportunities
This is a terrific opportunity for a purchasing professional with excellent business acumen, looking for an opportunity to join our sector leading, nationwide organisation.
With more demand for our services than ever, there has never been a better time to join our growing organisation. Your purchasing decisions will be central to the quality of our services and safety of our staff, so, we will invest in your talent and ensure your potential grows with our business.
So, if you’re ready to advance your career within our highly successful, environmentally focused organisation, we want to hear from you!
As a Procurement Specialist, you will undertake a key buying role that will focus upon construction equipment and plant.
Assisting the Procurement Manager, you will implement our procurement plans and policies, help manage the supplier base and identify opportunities to lower operating costs.
Additionally, you will:
- Identify suitable suppliers
- Complete PQQs, prepare specifications, contracts and evaluation criteria for all tenders
- Review current contracts/agreements to identify opportunities to improve effectiveness
- Provide procurement and contract advice
- Address and resolve procurement problems
To be considered a Procurement Specialist, you will need:
- A minimum of three years’ experience in procurement and contract management
- Experience of purchasing of commodities, services and capital projects
- Proficient in use of MS Office suite, particularly MS Excel
- Current knowledge of best practice in Procurement
Experience with plant and vehicle procurement would be beneficial. A CIPS qualification would also be advantageous, as would A-Level standard qualifications (or equivalent).
Other organisations might call this position Fleet Purchasing Administrator, Purchasing Officer, Purchasing Executive, Procurement Executive, Junior Buyer, Buying Executive, or Fleet and Plant Procurement Executive.
Webrecruit and FCC Environment are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking for a national opportunity to enhance your skills as a Procurement Specialist, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.