Location: Flexible office locations in Scotland (including Glasgow & Edinburgh) following an initial period of home working
Salary: £19.4k to £23.0k (dependent on skills & qualifications)
Applications are invited for the role of Purchase to Pay Assistant within the Procurement & Supply Chain (PSC) team. This vacancy is an opportunity to join a dynamic team which has recently completed an exciting transformation. PSC are ultimately responsible for delivering best value on an annual £500+m of third party spend across both direct and indirect spend categories.
If you have excellent communication, numeracy, and literacy skills, this job is a great opportunity to gain Procurement experience. You must be able to work well within a team and with colleagues from across the business. You must be confident in dealing with external suppliers. Applicants should be systems-savvy and training will be given to allow you to operate the systems we use including Oracle, Jaggaer and Achilles. For the right candidate, there are opportunities to develop and progress within a large Procurement department including working towards membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Building effective relationships with colleagues in the wider business to ensure the PSC delivers efficiently
- Liaising proactively with the Procurement and Logistics teams and the business to ensure no delays are incurred on orders and payments due to system data inaccuracies
- Managing expectations by clearly communicating the sequence of events and dependencies to stakeholders
- Ensuring P2P systems are maintained to an acceptable standard allowing for accurate reporting and efficient order placement/stock monitoring
- Run reports to analyse system activity and undertake actions to resolve issues arising
- Using the principles of continuous improvement, make regular suggestions to the Head of Shared Services to enable further process efficiencies
- Highlight and communicate compliance issues to the Head of Shared Services
This role will offer plenty of genuine learning and development opportunities, as well as a competitive salary with company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is something we pride ourselves on at SGN. We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success.
A flexible working structure will be offered with some future travel expected as part of the role, engaging with stakeholder and suppliers across the UK and in SGN offices and depots locations in Scotland, Southern England and Northern Ireland.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
The job holder will be required to have a basic understanding of SGN as a diverse business and the ability to understand business needs.
No previous experience is necessary as a training programme will be provided; however it would be an advantage to have a knowledge of materials buying within the civil engineering industry. A degree in a relevant discipline would also be an advantage though isn’t essential.
What we would look for in a candidate would be:
- General education to GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
- IT literacy and proficient with Microsoft Office
- Experience of organising, planning and allocating work tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to communicate with all levels of seniority
- Highly motivated and willing to progress career within the procurement discipline
- A team player
- Able to work to tight deadlines
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…