Process Operator (18983)
Job ID: 18983
Location: Preston, UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
You will be responsible for the delivery of identified operational tasks for all Wastewater Treatment Assets over a designated asset base, to support the achievement of regulatory, financial, customer and key business performance targets. You will ensure that all assets are operated to efficiently meet all regulatory compliance, health and safety and Customer Service standards. To include sampling, taking readings, analysing, cleaning UWWTD, MCERTS.
Reporting to the Production Manager you will be part of a team of up to 25 people. You will be responsible for required operational and maintenance activities on site.
Knowledge and Skills
You will need to be able to demonstrate knowledge of the Wastewater assets and processes and be comfortable in an operational environment as well as having:
- An understanding of the environmental output standards and procedures.
- Computer skills giving you the ability to carry out reporting and other information recording activities across a variety of platforms.
- You will be required to work towards an accredited qualification or standard that is relevant to your role in addition to a number of other health and safety, technical and behavioural training courses.
- You will be required to participate in a standby rota.
- May be required to work on multiple sites.
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 29/05/22