Job Title: Poling Operative (with and without HGV category C licence)
Location: Hampshire and Berkshire Including Isle of White
Salary: £30k plus depending on experience
We are Kier, one of the UK's leading construction and infrastructure services, working on projects such as BT ONSA, and we're looking for a Poling Operative to join our Telecoms team in the Hampshire and Berkshire area.
Working on the BT ONSA contract in Hampshire and Berkshire including the Isle Of White. You will be building/maintaining the BT Openreach Network, replacing, planting, dressing and maintaining poles for the Overhead Network.
We are seeking candidates who:
- Full Driver's License (each crew will require a minimum of one HGV C category licence holder to drive a poling truck)
- Willing and able to travel around Hampshire and Berkshire including the Isle Of White as required.
- Can do attitude and able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Have or had experience in overhead network cabling
- Confident with working at heights
- Excellent communication skills
- Risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on Health and Safety practices.
- Poling and Civils experience within the telecoms industry
- Hold valid minimum NRSWA street works operative unit 2
- Hold or have held Openreach overhead and cabling accreditation modules, including K8, N27, N28, A8, O02, O03, O04, O05, O07, O01, O06, A12, A14.
- HIAB Qualification - ALLMI or ITSSAR
- IPAF Certificate of Competency
- Class C Driving License (essential for HGV Driver/ Operative roles specifically)
- Certificate of Professional Competence (essential for HGV Driver/ Operative roles specifically)
- Digital Tachograph card (essential for HGV Driver/ Operative roles specifically)
You can expect a competitive salary and a strong benefits package that includes: free life assurance, access to our valuable pension scheme, generous annual leave entitlement and many more! To find out more about the rewards and benefits at Kier, click here.
Kier is committed to creating supportive and inclusive opportunities for all of our applicants and employees. We appreciate applicants from all backgrounds and we specifically encourage those from underrepresented communities to apply. Should you require reasonable adjustments to complete an application and or at interview stage please do contact us
Recruitment Agencies - We are unable to accept unsolicited CVs and communications from external recruiters. The recruitment team will engage with agencies who have signed up to our PSL should we require assistance.