Northern Powergrid manage the electricity network that powers everyday life for more than 8 million people in the Northeast, Yorkshire and northern Lincolnshire. We have a key role in creating and managing future energy systems that increasingly interact with our customers and smart, low carbon technologies - the Policy & Markets Directorate is at the heart of the change.
We are currently recruiting for a driven, highly organised and analytical Policy & External Affairs Coordinator to play a key role in coordinating and providing support to the Director of Policy and Markets, and the wider Directorate. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop a career within policy and external affairs.
Along with a competitive salary of up to £30,000, we also offer great benefits such as:
- Enrolment into our pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Up to 10% performance related bonus
We’re excited to hear from candidates with a desire to succeed in what will prove to be a varied and dynamic role.
The successful candidate will:
- Play a key role in coordinating and providing support to the Policy & External Affairs team
- Assist with scheduling and diarising meetings with key stakeholders; including booking all meetings, transport, accommodation and all other associated arrangements
- Support with media relations and PR
- Organise internal and external meetings and briefings, inviting and briefing participants and anticipating the requirements of the Executive
- Produce and distribute internal and external communication requirements including event support and the provision of associated materials e.g. PowerPoint slides/delegates packs etc
- Identify news stories of the most relevance to the company each morning and summarise to a high quality
- Process monthly expenses and credit expenditure
- Assist the team across the key processing activities of salary / procurement / ordering / logistics and invoicing
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with a flexible and adaptable approach to work to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely
- A calm and professional manner and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent I.T. and administration skills
- Building relationships / team player
- Analytical skills
- The ability to use your own initiative
Qualifications and Attributes
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject
- Ideally some experience working in public affairs (but not essential)
- Knowledge and experience of coordinating events and meetings
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills – Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Highly reliable and trustworthy individual
- Discretion and confidentiality are essential attributes
Visit northernpowergrid.com/careers to find out more about this and other career opportunities.
Closing date for applications: 20 May 2022
Applicants are considered on the basis of their suitability for the post irrespective of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender re-assignment, race, age or disability, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.