About the role:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Vacancies PMO Analyst to join our team here at Thame water, This role reports to the Thames Water PMO Manager, who is responsible for ensuring that Thames Water delivers its performance needs at the correct value and risk; whilst ensuring we deliver the right output for our customers for our Wholesale Wastewater business.
Your role will also be supporting the production of timely and comprehensive annual capital budgets and quarterly re-forecasts. Review of investment papers to support capital governance process. Provides insight and analysis to support decision making in line with corporate objectives. Working closely with delivery teams and Asset Management.
This role is unique as it provides support in making investment decisions and builds a working relationship with multiple areas of the business. We are therefore seeking individual and team behaviours that nurture this change whilst retaining the authority and integrity of the central programme team.Key accountabilities
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Ensure high-quality professional reporting on Programme performance and risk
- Ensure High-level Reporting on Health and Safety and
- Creates meaningful and clear information that can be acted on
- Validation of data outputs from tools
- Implement essential governance procedures for change, risk, H&S and issues
- Production of the monthly performance report on time and in full covering the end-to-end deliverables.
- Deliver a clear performance management framework to manage programmes with appropriate KPI’s and SLAs.
- Production of performance reports to stakeholders that are subject to external audit.
- Leading a team of reporting analysts to deliver all non-financial reporting requirements in support of delivering Customer Programmes outcomes.
- To act as the key point of contact for all reporting/ performance queries (non-financial) for the customer programmes team and wider business
- Attending & supporting all performance reviews with key business owners and departments, providing valuable data and insight into meetings, and challenging where necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring all external reporting requirements are delivered in accordance with Thames Water guidelines and supporting methodologies.
- Ensuring a consistent approach to data models and analysis with a single source of data
- Drive the quality of information reported by the PMO to ensure robust decision making and ensure alignment with the programme director.
- Supporting Sponsors and Project Managers with key PMO activities including defining, analysing, and reporting on their projects
- Responsibility for driving forward performance reporting improvements..
- Supporting the development of further automation of reporting from multiple business systems.
What’s in it for you:
- A self-motivated logical individual with an analytical “can-do” mind-set
- Experience and knowledge of working with databases, data analysis, and reporting
- Ability to learn new tools and techniques quickly
- Knowledge and application of PMO tools and techniques and/or data analysis techniques
- Power BI development and building to generate enriching and visual content
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and challenge at all levels.
- Can demonstrate high attention to detail with the ability to work accurately with large volumes of data to draw out key performance.
- Experienced in identifying trends in data and driving improvements in data quality.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days of paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.