PMO Analyst (Capital Delivery)
Location – Hinckley (with some hybrid working)
Contract Type - Permanent
Salary - £29,187 to £34,338 (depending on experience), plus a generous pension scheme, an opportunity to earn bonus, and a range of company benefits
At Cadent we’re excited to be part of the future of UK energy! We’ve got a clear roadmap that will both drive our performance to the forefront of our industry and support the UK government in achieving their net zero target by 2050.
We’re making a difference through innovation and new ways of working. Together we’re shaping and creating a cleaner, greener future for our 11 million customers who we put at the heart of everything we do.
At Cadent, there’s always an exciting project going on, whether it’s in Assets, Design or Programme Management, and our Capital Delivery team is responsible for ensuring we deliver. Projects are varied and could be the design and build of project schemes, security upgrades, asset upgrades, or network reinforcement.
The team are also responsible for customer and stakeholder management and provide a technical assurance and plant protection service for major infrastructure schemes.
Join the team as our PMO Analyst and get involved in shaping the future. The PMO Analyst will provide dedicated PMO services to the Capital Delivery projects and programmes, driving programme management best practice and project performance.
What we ask of you
- Manage the Enquiry Process, tracking projects issued to Capital Delivery and managing stakeholder expectations
- Manage the Change Control Process for all projects, to manage scope change
- Coordinate the Cadent Resolver Risk Register for Cadent Business Risks
- Coordinate the production of Monthly Reports to be issued to internal and external customers
- Be responsible for leading the Resource Management process, ensuring a resource forecast is produced to aid decision making
- Ensure all projects comply with the Project Lifecycle and Stage Gate Process
- Conduct health checks on projects to review adherence to PMO Processes
- Support the delivery of the Capital Delivery Portfolio of Projects, working as part of the Portfolio Management Office (PMO) team
- Manage a number of PMO Processes to ensure best practice is implemented, enabling project delivery. These services include Risk Management, Governance, Controls and Reporting, Resource Management, Information Management and Document Control, Scope Management, and Continuous Improvement such as Lessons Learnt
- Ensure that all requirements are met across the Project Lifecycle, this will include setting the standards for new projects
- Lead the Document Control team, ensuring best practice processes and tools are implemented on all projects and programmes
- Directly support projects and programmes to enable delivery, providing guidance to Project Managers
- Support Project Managers with Project Controls and coordinating responses
- Produce information and reports for Governance meetings within Capital Delivery
- Ensure all new and in-flight projects follow the agreed project methodologies and have appropriate governance in place that support successful delivery of projects
- Provide a “single source of the truth” for information to Project Managers, which is accurate and relevant in-line with the mantra of “no surprises”
- Contribute to continuous improvement by developing processes, tools, and ways of working across all PMO area
- Build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders to ensure the PMO function delivers an effective service
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Continue professional development in order to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods, and best practice
What You’ll Bring
- Educated to at least HNC/HND level, or equivalent experience
- Hold the APM Project Management Qualification (APM PMQ) (desirable)
- Degree in Engineering or Project Management (desirable)
- Experience of operating within a PMO
- Excellent communication, influencing and relationship building skills
- Attention to detail and a proactive nature
- Project and Programme management knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Strong leadership skills, and experience of people management
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite and Document Control Systems such as Aconex and SharePoint
- Experience of the Construction Industry and / or the Gas Industry
- Stakeholder Management
- Be customer focused and deliver 5-star service
What’s In It For You
- 25 days holiday, plus statutory days and option to buy more
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme – double match up to 12%
- Opportunity to earn bonus
- Flex Benefits including; cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car scheme, insurances and healthcare packages
- My Offers membership card – offering discounts and savings from hundreds of retailers
- Support with financial wellbeing
- Access to our Occupational Health Services
Be who you want to be
Cadent embraces Diversity and Inclusion. We celebrate what makes us different, as well as what we have in common. This enables us to work better as one team shaping a dynamic, innovative and inclusive culture. Our employee communities support us in keeping our employees engaged and motivated and through our partnerships and covenants we ensure our workforce reflects our communities in all their diversity.
Cadent is a Disability Confident employer so if you require any reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process, please get in touch and let us know. We’re also happy to discuss flexible working options should the role accommodate it.