Plant / Weighbridge Operator
- Job Reference: 00006187-1
- Date Posted: 17 October 2020
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Duties and key responsibilities - Operational
1) To assist the Site Manager in controlling and co-ordinating the safe and efficient operation of the site in accordance with management instructions, health & safety and legislative requirements laid down in working plans, planning permissions, waste management licence etc, including as a minimum ensuring personal compliance with the above.
2) To be aware of, and conversant with, the relevant details of the Waste Management Licence, Working Plan, risk assessments, COSHH assessments, emergency procedures and other relevant health, safety & environmental documents as directed by the Site Manager.
3) To protect the Company’s ability to trade by ensuring compliance with relevant legislation at all times and especially that concerning health and safety in the workplace and the ‘Duty of Care’
4) To work in accordance with staff rosters and the provision of cover for planned/unplanned absence.
5) To operate mobile plant in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with Group policies and procedures.
6) To ensure that plant and equipment is maintained as specified and the appropriate records are completed.
7) To operate the weighbridge systems in accordance with the Duty of Care regulations, waste management licence and Group policies & procedures, and maintain reliable, adequate and accurate records thereof.
8) To be courteous to customers at all times, thereby providing exemplary customer service.
9) To assist customers wherever safe, practical and necessary.
10) To provide a prompt & efficient service to haulage sub-contractors and to assist them wherever safe, practical and necessary.
11) To report to the Site Manager any breach of rules, act of dishonesty, malpractice or corruption by any member of the public, visitor to the site, or member of staff.
12) To undertake any other duties reasonably requested by FCC management, including working at other sites and assisting with recycling.
Satisfactory completion of the relevant Competency Management System modules.
Completion of all other training as defined within the Training Matrix.
Personal attributes and other requirements
We are looking for an honest, hardworking person who can use his/her initiative to operate heavy plant machinery in a safe and effective manner.
They will need to be adaptable and show that they can deal with any new operational problems as they arise.
Good timekeeping is essential.
They need to be flexible in their approach to work and be able to operate as part of a larger team.
Any other reasonable request.