Plant / Weighbridge Operator
- Job Reference: 00018822-1
- Date Posted: 19 May 2022
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Plant / Weighbridge Operator
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
We own and operate more than 200 recycling, treatment and disposal facilities and employ nearly 2,400 people across the UK.
We’re currently looking for a Plant / Weighbridge Operator to join our team.
- Competitive salary
- 20 days’ holiday plus bank holidays per annum
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
This is a fantastic opportunity for a trained mobile plant and equipment operator to put their expertise towards our company’s worthy and rewarding environmental mission.
You will discover the chance to operate the most up-to-date equipment, getting hands-on to reduce waste whilst being supported by our friendly and encouraging team.
So, if this sounds like your ideal next step, keep reading!
As a Plant / Weighbridge Operator, you will be responsible for operating mobile plant and weighbridge machinery in a safe and effective manner, to help us minimise waste.
Complying with management instructions, health & safety and legislative requirements, you will help control and co-ordinate the efficient operation of the site.
Your role will also involve:
- Maintaining plant and equipment
- Maintaining accurate records of machinery use
- Assisting, and providing excellent service to, customers and sub-contractors
To be considered as a Plant / Weighbridge Operator, you will need:
- Experience of operating heavy plant machinery in a safe and efficient manner
- Excellent timekeeping skills
- A flexible and adaptable approach
- The ability to work as part of a larger team
Other organisations may call this role Weighbridge Operative, Plant Operative, Heavy Plant Operator, Waste Processing Operative, 360 Plant Operative, Heavy Plant Operative, 360 Plant Operator, Operative, Site Operative, Yard Operative, General Operative, or Recycling Site Operative.
Webrecruit and FCC Environment are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to drive forward in your career as a Plant / Weighbridge Operator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.