- Job Reference: 00007856-1
- Date Posted: 4 January 2021
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Main purpose and scope of job
Buckden Landfill Site is to be maintained and operated in accordance with the Pollution and Prevention Control Permit, Planning Permission, all FCC Group policies & procedures
Duties and key responsibilities - Operational
Identify, organise, and prioritise individual daily, and weekly workload assigned to them, to ensure work is completed to FCC standard.
Maintain the required standards of operation set out in the sites Planning Consent and PPC Permit.
Demonstrate good communication skills towards FCC staff, customers, suppliers and regulatory / statutory bodies.
To assist the Supervisor in delivering, controlling and co-ordinating the safe and efficient operation of the site, in accordance with management instructions, all health & safety Working Procedures and Legislative Requirements, using all available aids and received training including, but not limited to, E-Module Training, Safety Alerts and Toolbox talks at all times.
To be aware of, and conversant with the relevant details of the Permit, Site Management Systems, Risk Assessments, Safe Systems of Work, Manual Handling Assesments, COSHH Assessments, Emergency Procedures and other relevant health, safety & environmental documents as directed by the Supervisor.
To promote and enforce the need to work safely at all times on-site.
To work pro-actively to minimise the potential for breaches of procedures, Permits, and protocols, and to deliver exemplary customer service on the ground.
Ensure that all training offered to fulfil the role is undertaken and completed and then put into practice on-site.
To ensure that good environmental and health and safety practice is implemented on-site at all times.
To be capable of working un-supervised on occasions, whilst ensuring that all necessary daily and weekly tasks are performed to the highest standard.
Attend and participate in monthly meetings regarding company and site issues.
Formally record and report any breach of rules, act of dishonesty, malpractice corruption by any member of staff to the Supervisor or Business Manager.
Liaise with and carry out any reasonable and safe duties assigned to you by your Supervisor/ Manager.
Operation of Site in Compliance with all requirements, operating to all legislative requirements e.g.
Health and Safety Law
• To comply with all company policies and procedures in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the machinery
• Ensure that all actions maintain a safe and healthy environment for self, colleagues and customers
• Help to maintain high level of housekeeping on site including canteen/mess and locker rooms
• To operate site plant in order to deal effectively with any waste
• To ensure that waste is covered at the end of the shift in order to comply with the requirements of the Environment Agency and the site’s permit.
• Maintaining Company Property and Equipment so that it is fit for Purpose. To ensure that machinery is serviceable at all times by carrying out specified daily checks, as well as lubricating, re-fuelling and cleaning the machinery as directed in the operating manual and company procedures.
• To report any faults or defects for repair in order to protect the working life of the machinery, and assist in their repair
• Reporting of incidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses
• Promote Culture of Excellent Customer Service
• Ability to identify non - conforming waste
Have qualification in the operation of heavy plant such as;
Tracked loading shovel
Tractor and Bowser
• To have worked on a waste acceptance site
• Some understanding of landfill operations
Personal attributes and other requirements
Ability to work under pressure and multi task
Work under known initiative
Good people skills
Performance driven with the ability to deliver added value and assist in the improvement of operational performance.
Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing circumstances