- Job Reference: 00005664-1
- Date Posted: 9 September 2020
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Coventry, Midlands
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Main purpose and scope of job
To ensure that the Company pursues best practice with regards its policies and procedures, development of industrial relations and legislative compliance within an open and empowered culture.
Duties and key responsibilities - Operational
• Assist in ensuring operations at the site are carried out in a safe working environment and cost effective manner, in accordance with all Group policies, and in compliance with all statutory regulations and requirements.
• To assist the Site Manager in controlling and co-ordinating the safe and efficient operation of the site in accordance with management instructions, health & safety and legislative requirements laid down in working plans, planning permissions, waste management licence etc, including as a minimum ensuring personal compliance with the above.
• To be aware of, and conversant with, the relevant details of the Permit, Working Plan, risk assessments, COSHH assessments, emergency procedures and other relevant health, safety & environmental documents as directed by the Site Manager.
• To protect the Company’s ability to trade by ensuring compliance with relevant legislation at all times and especially that concerning health and safety in the workplace and the ‘Duty of Care’.
• To operate mobile plant in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with Group policies and procedures.
• To ensure that plant and equipment is maintained as specified and the appropriate records are completed.
• To be courteous to customers at all times, thereby providing exemplary customer service.
• To assist customers wherever safe, practical and necessary.
• To report to the Site Manager any breach of rules, act of dishonesty, malpractice or corruption by any member of the public, visitor to the site, or member of staff.
• To undertake any other duties reasonably requested by FCC management, including working at other sites.
? Mobile Plant licences preferred
? Experience of the waste industry desirable
? Ability to undertake a variety of tasks within main role.
? Must be able to work within a small team
• Satisfactory completion of the relevant Competency Management System modules.
• Completion of all other training as defined within the Training Matrix.
Personal attributes and other requirements
An honest, hardworking person who can use his/her initiative to ensure the site operates safely and efficiently.
? Need to be adaptable and show that they can deal with any new operational problems as they arise and, be able to operate as part of a larger team.
? Good timekeeping is essential.
? Proven written and oral communication skills.
? Be able to embrace change, flexible in their approach, committed to finding more cost effective ways of doing things and be able to put them into practice.
? Comfortable dealing with peers, senior managers and external contacts.
? Responsible, accountable and performance driven.