- Job Reference: 00021945-1
- Date Posted: 15 June 2022
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Main purpose and scope of job
To operate mobile plant such as compactors, 360 excavators and bulldozers in handling waste efficiently and covering and compacting the landfill site to comply with statutory requirements and maximise void utilisation.
To help run and maintain the landfill and work as part of a small team to conform to the requirements of the site permit and maintain site environmental to ensure that the Company pursues best practice with regards its policies and procedures, development of industrial relations and legislative compliance within an open and empowered culture. Covering holidays & absences for plant ops and also to include litter picking and other ad hoc duties.
Duties and key responsibilities - Operational
To operate mobile plant in handling waste materials in a safe and efficient manner.
2. To ensure that waste is covered at the end of the shift in order to comply with the requirements of the Environment Agency.
3. To ensure that waste is properly compacted in order to provide an accessible tipping area and maximise void space.
4. To ensure that machinery is serviceable at all times by carrying out specified daily checks, as well as lubricating, refueling and cleaning the machinery as directed in the operating manual and company procedures.
5. To maintain and use static plant according best practice.
6. To keep tidy all stores and monitor fuel, oil, anti freeze and site water levels.
7. To maintain site wheelwash by clearing channels and greasing and maintaining.
8. To assist in other site duties such as moving pipes, erecting litter netting, Litter picking as and when required, and dipping of wells as necessary.
9. Provide lunchtime cover for machines as well as back up cover for sickness and holidays on site machinery. ( In House training will be given )
10. To comply with all company policies and procedures in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the machinery.
11. To report any faults or defects for repair in order to protect the working life of the machinery.
12. To provide help when required to maintain a reasonable request and a flexible approach when required.
• Ticketed for Heavy plant Machinery (Training can be given for right applicant )
• Demonstrable skills in achieving demanding work requirements and ensuring customer needs are met.
• Evidence of the ability to identify and implement change programmes that have a positive impact on operational and business requirements,
• Health and safety experience when operating a landfill and the duties of a plant operator.
• Satisfactory completion of the relevant Competency Management System modules.
• Completion of all other training as defined within the Training Matrix.
Personal attributes and other requirements
• Ability to work as part of a small team.
• Commitment and determination to meet personal objectives. Strong drive and resilience.
• Ability to work collaboratively at all levels in a capacity of adding value to the decision making process.
• Ability to re-evaluate priorities, responding quickly and positively to change is imperative.
• Proven success of influencing at the highest level both internally and externally.
• Performance driven with the ability to deliver added value and assist in the improvement of operational performance.
• Sufficiently resilient and robust to effectively manage third parties.
• Well developed interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and develop successful long term employee and industrial relations.
• Ability to assist in the operational strategic direction of the business.