- Job Reference: 00021361-1
- Date Posted: 10 May 2022
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Main purpose and scope of job
The plant operator will be required to operate mobile plant to aid in the acceptance and placement of waste inputs from customers. This must be achieved in a timely fashion whilst maintaining the highest levels of safety. They must maximize void utilization; maintain all site equipment in line with FCC Procedures and Best Practice whilst achieving a consistently high level of customer service.
Duties and key responsibilities - Operational
• Operation of Site in Compliance with all requirements, operating to all legislative requirements e.g.
? Health and Safety Law
• To comply with all company policies and procedures in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the machinery
• Ensure that all actions maintain a safe and healthy environment for self, colleagues and customers
• Help to maintain high level of housekeeping on site including canteen/mess and locker rooms
• To operate site plant in order to deal effectively with any road borne waste
• To ensure that waste is covered at the end of the shift in order to comply with the requirements of the Environment Agency and the site’s permit.
• Maintaining Company Property and Equipment so that it is fit for purpose to ensure that machinery is serviceable at all times by carrying out specified daily checks, as well as lubricating, refuelling and cleaning the machinery as directed in the operating manual and company procedures.
• To report any faults or defects for repair in order to protect the working life of the machinery.
• Reporting of incidents, dangerous occurrences and near misses
• Promote Culture of Excellent Customer Service
• Ability to identify non conforming waste
• Have qualification in the operation of heavy plant would be an advantage, such as one or more of the following;
? Tracked Loading Shovel
? Articulated Dumper
• Some understanding of landfill operations would also be an advantage
Satisfactory completion of the relevant Competency Management System modules.
Completion of all other training as defined within the Training Matrix.
All training requirements are outlined in each safe working procedure, the training matrix is updated accordingly and safe working procedures are reviewed regularly.
Personal attributes and other requirements
Ability to work under pressure and multi task
Work under known initiative
Good people skills
Performance driven with the ability to deliver added value and assist in the improvement of operational performance.
Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing circumstances
Any other reasonable request.