M Group Services Plant and Fleet Solutions is looking to recruit a Plant Hire Controller to join their division who support our front-line operations by providing compliant, innovative and fit for purpose Vehicles, Plant and Equipment in our Stevenage depot.
We currently provide a comprehensive fleet of over 7,500 trucks, vans and cars, together with over 18,000 items of general plant and specialist utilities equipment from our Regional Supply Centre.
As a Plant Hire Controller, you will be part of the Compliance and Service Department who support out front line operations by providing compliant, innovative and fit for purpose vehicles.
As a Plant Hire Controller your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Process all hire and off hire requirements received through the Plant Order mailbox and transact accordingly on the hire management software (InspHire)
- Maximise the utilisation of internal plant and equipment from all locations before placing with external hire
- Be proficient in all aspects of plant hire management and general administration
- Responsible for the supervision of Drivers and effective route planning, not to exceed driving hours’ legislation
- Carry out weekly asset audits and ensure Insphire reflects an accurate status at all times
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Relevant experience within the plant hire industry or Internal Hire Controller
- Driving License is essential
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate to and work with colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Logistics and route planning experience is advantageous
- Proven IT Skills with experience of Microsoft Office
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
About The Company
M Group Services delivers a wide range of essential infrastructure services within the utilities, transport, data and telecom sectors in the UK & Ireland.
We have built and maintained relationships with our clients over a number of years and have a strong culture that continuously focuses on safety, operational delivery, efficiency and customer service.
M Group Services, a trusted employer to c. 9,000 skilled specialists working from 100 locations, operates a divisional structure aligned with its end markets.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.