M Group Services Plant and Fleet Solutions is looking to recruit a Plant Hire Controller to join their division who support our front-line operations by providing compliant, innovative and fit for purpose vehicles, plant and equipment.
We currently provide a comprehensive fleet of over 6,500 trucks, vans and cars, together with over 18,000 items of general plant and specialist utilities equipment from our Regional Supply Centre.
As a Plant Hire Controller, you will be based in Stevenage as part of the Plant Hire Operations Team that transacts all enquiries relating to plant, accommodation, site services and tool requirements.
As a Plant Hire Controller your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Processing of all hire and off hire requirements through the Plant Order mailbox, maximising utilisation of internal plant and equipment from all locations before placing with external hire
- Engage with the supply chain to satisfy requests not supplied from internal stock. raise hire contracts and purchase orders using the hire management software (InspHire)
- You may be required to travel to satellite depots in Pontypridd, Southampton and Bristol
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Relevant experience within the plant hire industry is essential
- Clean driving license is essential
- Be proficient in all aspects of plant hire management and general administration
- Proven IT Skills with experience of Microsoft Office
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
About The Company
M Group Services delivers a wide range of essential infrastructure services within the utilities, transport, data and telecom sectors in the UK & Ireland.
Delivery to clients is through our operating businesses that sit within our four divisions. These divisions collectively employ thousands of skilled and experienced specialists. This ensures we maintain a very focused and clear service to their clients and ultimately their customers.
We have built and maintained relationships with our clients over a number of years and have a strong culture that continuously focuses on safety, operational delivery, efficiency and customer service.
M Group Services, a trusted employer to c. 9,000 skilled specialists working from 100 locations, operates a divisional structure aligned with its end markets.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.