Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Planner/Scheduler to work on our Thames Water Metering contract in Dartford.
As a Planner/Scheduler, you will be responsible for planning all NRSWA external works. Your role will include the generating and administration of permits and notices related to Metering and ensuring work is carried out in accordance with the Traffic Management Act 2004 (TMA) and the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 (NRSWA).
As a Planner/Scheduler your duties and responsibilities will be:
- To work closely with the Operational Team to ensure Operatives are planned to capacity and work with the Streetworks Team to ensure the administration of permits is kept up to date and in accordance with TMA and NRSWA legislation
- Manage geographical plotting alongside works being planned according to the SLA and internal KPI’s and liaise with the Highway Authority for all traffic management queries
- Plan in accordance to NCT, LoPS, TMA and Streetworks compliance and manage permits on Optimus (in house system)
- Ensure the quick resolution of internal and external stakeholders enquiries and investigate fully with all information logged on the correct systems
- Minimise Street Works fines i.e. FPN’s, Sec74’s by understanding HA requirements and legislation
Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
- Experience in Utilities or Highways essential
- Detailed working knowledge of NRSWA, including Unit 2 & 10 signing, lighting and guarding
- Knowledge of MS Project, preferred but not essential as full training will be given
- A good knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to pay close attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, negotiation and people management skills
- Logical and practical thinking to problem solving, with the ability to work on your own and part of the team
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.