Location: Horsham (RH12 3UB)
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 07:30 – 17:00 (45 per week)
Salary: Up to £23,000.00 depending on experience
Clancy are seeking a Utilities Planner, preferably with industry experience, to assist our Southern Water team with all aspects of administration, planning & scheduling of works across the contract’s water network.
As a Planner, you will be using corporate planning processes, systems and databases to provide support to operational activities by assisting in the delivery of detailed, fully resourced and optimised work programmes for our field teams.
- Process and submit any Traffic Management, footway, road closures, noticing and permit requests required for allocated jobs
- Monitor the work activities from inception to completion, including the raising and closure of notices and permit requests
- Plan and optimise all agreed work activities for operational field teams
- Update and maintain the contract programme and ensure work activities are on track, providing regular programme updates to the Resource and Planning Manager
- Assist in the production and distribution of work packs to field teams
- Be the regular point of contact for operational teams, providing resolution to any programme issues and/or escalating as appropriate
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
Due to the location of our Horsham Water Treatment Works, off the A24 bypass, a key requirement of this role is that you hold a full & valid Driver’s License, along with owning your own vehicle so you can commute to the office daily.
If you can also say yes to the below criteria, we would love to hear from you!
- Extensive administration experience, preferably from within a planning environment, as well as excellent IT capabilities with a variety of Microsoft applications
- Excellent organisational skills necessary to manage and organise own workload
- Good NRSWA Knowledge
- Demonstrable ability to respond to changing priorities in order to meet deadlines
- Demonstrable ability to investigate, evaluate and respond to situations efficiently
- Demonstrable ability to make effective decisions based on objective assessment of situations
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us - one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
In addition to helping you reach your career goals, a competitive salary, pension, healthcare and holiday allowance starting at 24 days per annum, we also offer perks including Clancy Xtras, our employee benefits programme with discounts for numerous well-known retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Currys PC World and Vue Cinemas, cycle to work scheme as well as an Employee Assistance Programme.
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.