PH Jones are seeking an enthusiastic Apprentice Gas Engineer to join our Social Housing team in Scottish Borders working on our Scottish Borders Housing Association contract.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about starting a new career and being a part of a well-established, industry leading organisation, where you will benefit from a dedicated training apprenticeship.
- Permanent 40 hours a week
- Monday - Friday
- Fully paid Apprenticeship
- Fully Costed Van & Fuel Card
- Full Uniform & PPE
- Employee Energy Allowance and discount on HIVE products and many more benefits!
You must be available to attend a Recruitment event in July 2022.
The successful individual will undertake a tailored 3-year apprenticeship programme where you will work towards achieving a Gas Safe Accreditation and ACS Qualification (CCN1, CENWAT, HTR1 & CKR1) at Fife College.
You will gain invaluable experience working alongside a qualified Gas Engineer who will support your development and assist you in completing daily duties.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage on-site workload whilst also studying
- You must be reliable, committed and a good team player
- The successful applicant must be able to travel to Fife College to complete the required training
- Must hold a valid in date driving licence with no more than 6 points
- Must hold a valid right to work in the UK
- Must be confident and have good written and verbal communication skills
What you will do
- Assist in carrying out service and repairs along with general preventive maintenance
- Prepare and maintain records of completed work
- Use current knowledge of all applicable procedures and safety measures
- Uphold PH Jones and British Gas company standards at all times
- Give first class customer service on every job
- Adapt to a wide variety of different working environments
What you will earn
You will start on the national apprentice pay rate and once qualified you will be rewarded with a competitive salary with additional OTE.
You will also receive
- Holiday 25 days + bank holidays
- Full sick pay following successful probationary period
- Company matched contribution Pension Scheme up to 3%
- Group Income Protection, Life Assurance & Accident Insurance
- Level 2 Private Healthcare plan (Partial subsidy with Company)
- Access to MyHealth with 24/7 MyCare phone line
- Online GP24 virtual service
- Access to Unmind app
- Eye Test Voucher
- Annual pay review
- Legal Help
- Financial Education
- Centrica Benefits via the Offer Store - Offers with high street partners and discounts
At PH Jones we want everyone to feel like they are part of a caring business who benefit from being part of Centrica Plc, a FTSE 250 company. Our employees play a key role in driving forward with our strategy. Our reward packages ensure we recognise passionate and hardworking members of the team with many great opportunities to develop your skills and progress your career both within PH Jones and the wider Centrica Group.
Everything we deliver to our customers is underpinned by our ways of working which ensure we work to safely and everyone returns home to their families.
PH Jones was acquired by British Gas in 2011 and is a key member of the Centrica Group. You will be joining a growing team of permanent and contract heating engineers to meet the needs of our customers when they need it most.