- Job Reference: 00038634-1
- Date Posted: 14 November 2023
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Wrexham, Clwyd
- Salary: £31,192 to £36,697
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Are you looking for the right role for you? Then look no further….
Salary – £31,192 to £36,697 per annum (plus overtime and benefits)
Hours – 42.5 hours per week, 7.30am to 5.00pm
Postcode of depot – LL13 9UT
To ensure that the HRC, MBT, MRF, TS & IVC are operated in accordance with all regulatory standards, O&M good practice and all relevant FCC company policies and procedures, whilst implementing and upholding all necessary SHEQ values and behaviours.
Our promise to you
- 25 days’ annual leave (full-time working) plus Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- On the job training/progression
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
What will you be doing?
- Managing existing and future operational facilities and developing new opportunities within the area
- Implementing our Health and Safety Policy & Environmental Policy
- Ensuring that facilities are operated efficiently and safely with proper regard to environmental compliance, customer service levels and the needs of the local community
- Carrying out all Regulatory and IMS-defined requirements (Health & Safety, Environmental, Puwer/LOLER, PATS, 14001, 18001, 9001, etc.)
- Ensuring the efficient and safe handling of recyclable materials and residual waste
- Maintaining the IMS and Statutory Regulations on-site
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant company and statutory environmental requirements
- Maintaining day-to-day contact with the Environment Agency and undertaking regular liaison meetings
- Liaising with customers to ensure their needs are met on-site
- Ensuring control of operational costs within budget and maximisation of cash generation from the business units
- Managing all capital and provisions expenditure
- Controlling the repair and maintenance procedures of equipment on-site
- Supporting the preparation of operational cost reporting, forecasts and budgets
- Provide training to the facility operatives
What are we looking for?
- Operational and contract management experience within a sector where compliance with regulatory controls is an important factor
- Well-developed management skills and a track record of delivering to targets
- Experience of successfully managing and leading a similar-sized team and sites
- The ability to deliver projects on time and to budget within a demanding environment
- To be commercially astute and results-orientated
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Numeracy and IT skills
- To be educated to at least A level standard
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible. Our vision is to be the environmental company of choice, delivering change for a sustainable future.
We operate over 200 facilities in England, Scotland and Wales and employ around 2,500 employees.
With the Environment Bill going through Westminster this year and DEFRA’s new Resources and Waste strategy focusing our minds on ever more recycling and best practice in waste management, the profile of the UK's waste management industry has never been higher. With more local authorities calling a Climate Crisis and a clear push towards net-zero carbon across the economy, the pressures is on us all as citizens and us as a business to reduce waste and maximise re-use and recovery. We need people who are up for the challenge. We need people with ideas. We need you. Together we will meet the UK’s waste management and energy recovery needs.
FCC Environment is an equal opportunities employer, values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environment is, the better our work will be.
How to apply
So, if you want to advance your career as a PFI Supervisor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.