Performance Team Leader
- Job Reference: 5611
- Date Posted: 19 March 2020
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Allington, Maidstone
- Salary: On Application
- Bonus/Benefits: £Competitive
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Main purpose and scope of job - Supporting and leading the improvements in performance at Allington. The performance measures will include operating the plant, safety, responsibility and profitability. You will be liaising and improving the site operations and maintenance teams. You will ensure a high standard of cleanliness and housekeeping is established and maintained across the facility. You will ensure your team work; safely, compliantly and effectively in line with the company procedures.
Duties and key responsibilities - Operational
• To provide support and flexible working arrangements to support the successful operation of the facility.
• Providing leadership and direction to the performance team.
• Working to develop and improve the safe systems of work used at Allington.
• To reduce the environmental impact of the operation with due regard to protecting the environment, at all times.
• Reporting and investigating incidents, accidents and near misses, without undue delay
• Identifying and leading operational improvement activity. (Safety, Training, Work Instruction, Continuous Improvement, cleaning / housekeeping)
• Analysing losses and incidents to reduce the likelihood of re occurrence.
• Developing ideas and solutions to improve operational performance.
• To develop potential solutions by getting costs and estimates and including these in the site budget for coming years.
• Identifying and prioritising the projects to improve performance.
• Managing and implementing improvement projects.
• Estimating material requirements and placing timely orders.
• Budget responsibility for critical operational / Project budgets to be agreed with Plant manager.
• Preparation of operational and maintenance strategy to ensure it aligns with the overall plan and requirements.
• Ensuring that members of the performance team are aware of routine, non-routine and emergency procedures and are competent to carry them out
• Ensuring the performance team complies with relevant requirements, including those specified in the IMS, eg. work instructions
• Controlling contractors to ensure that they operate in accordance with the Safe System of Work.
• Taking ownership and responsibility for a designated area of the site and ensuring it is maintained at a high standard
• Will be authorised as a Senior Authorised Person One. (Training will be provided)
• Maintaining appropriate standards of housekeeping around the rest of the site.
• Acting as Operations or Maintenance Manager when requested by General Manager,
• Any other activities as designated by the General Manager.
• Ability to supervise a small team of personnel effectively.
• Ability to influence peers and encourage best practice across the teams.
• Good understanding of Health and Safety and Environmental legislation.
• Will have been a senior authorised person under the FCC permit to work system (or similar) and operational routines and procedures. Training will be given.
• Good understanding of IPPC authorisation within job role. Training will be given.
• Good communication skills in English both verbally and written.
• Effective team building, encouraging motivation and people value.
• Ability to demonstrate excellent organisational skills.
• Have a willingness and ability to operate flexibly over a wide range of work areas.
• Ability to think logically and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
• Good commercial awareness, including preparation of investment proposals and budget management
• Computer skills as related to Microsoft Office and ERP programs (CMMS)
• Satisfactory completion of the relevant Competency Management System modules.
• Completion of all other training as defined within the Training Matrix.
• Individual to have a degree or equivalent.
Personal attributes and other requirements
• Strong leadership skills involving a multi-disciplined team.
• Commitment and determination to meet personal objectives. Strong drive and resilience.
• Proven ability to select and build strong teams. Strong leadership qualities, skilled in delivering measurable results through others.
• A highly credible leader, with strong people skills capable of developing and motivating a widespread teams.
• Good people development skills and leadership qualities; able to coach and inspire staff to broaden their outlook and raise their expectations.
• Ability to work collaboratively at all levels in a capacity of adding value to the decision making process.
• Ability to re-evaluate priorities, responding quickly and positively to change is imperative.
• Proven success of influencing at the highest level both internally and externally.
• Performance driven with the ability to deliver added value and assist in the improvement of operational performance.
• Sufficiently resilient and robust to effectively manage third parties.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and develop successful long term employee and industrial relations.
• Ability to assist in the operational strategic direction of the business.
Any other reasonable request.