About the role:
We are seeking a motivated and experienced performance manager to lead and develop a multi-skilled team of maintenance and operational technicians, including apprentices. You will drive their personal performance and improve the overall engagement, whilst managing in line with HR policies and process. Increasing customer service and operational performance within strict quality targets is vital to the success of this role and will be achieved in line with a strong health and safety focus.
This role is based at Rye Meads STW, Rye Road, Ware, Hertfordshire, SG12 8JY
Day to day activities will include managing a budget, ensuring statutory planned and reactive maintenance is carried out and effluent discharge compliance is maintained through effective performance management of our sewage treatment works. Key Accountabilities:
- Process Management –ensuring site compliance and the site achieves and maintains its required plant availability and reliability in order to meet quality targets at the agreed cost.
- Financial Management –owning and managing the budgetary and financial activities of the team and driving efficiencies into the overall operational budget.
- Performance Management –ensuring the team achieve optimal performance in terms of work management and you will be responsible for developing the team and introducing new skills and health and safety awareness.
- Customer & Stakeholder Management - ensuring an exceptional service to our customers with early personal interventions as required.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Health and Safety – You will effectively lead the health and safety culture of the team as well as auditing the health and safety systems and processes.
What’s in it for you:
- Ideally, Significant process management experience and knowledge with strong skills in operations, engineering, finance, and H&S practices
- Previous experience managing operational staff with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Previous experience in a people-manager role with a proven track record of engaging and developing a team, ideally with field-based members.
- Proven ability to taking the lead and achieving results in a difficult environment,
- Strong focus on and good working knowledge of health and safety.
- Experience managing the operational budget with a structured and proactive approach.
- You will need to be competent in using IT equipment/systems and be able to interpret complex Excel spreadsheets.
- Due to the nature of this role, a full valid driving licence is needed
- A willingness to complete relevant process and leadership courses relevant to role
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements, and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy