Performance Coordinator – Internship
Location: Warrington, UK
Duration: 12 months
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
Stat Date: September 2022
Help keep taps flowing and toilets flushing across the North West
At United Utilities, we’re not only essential service providers to over 7 million customers across the region but we’re also at the forefront of tackling some of the biggest climate and environmental challenges in a generation. All our people are essential in achieving our net zero targets and creating a more resilient North West.
It's a big job and a lot of work goes on behind the scenes to keep things running smoothly for our customers. From operating our pipes and improving water quality, to embracing new technologies and safeguarding the local environment – whether you're in our head office or out on site, there's always plenty going on. Our internship programmes will give you the opportunity to learn first-hand how we make this happen.
We have been awarded with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, recognising the Best Places to Work in 2020. We were ranked #19 company in the UK, based solely on the input of employees, who provide feedback on their jobs, work environments and companies on Glassdoor, one of the world’s largest job and recruiting sites.
You will be joining the United Utilities family of over 5,000 employees who all help to provide great service for our 7 million customers.
Our internship programmes will give you the opportunity to learn first-hand how we make this happen. Our undergraduate and graduate programmes are key to helping us support customers.
- Run regular standard reports that feed into score cards including graphs, and RAG status tables and narrative.
- Liaise with Project staff for the preparation of performance data of projects and programmes.
- Work with Area head of Programmes and their leadership team on Business improvement opportunities.
- Collate data and information from numerous sources for the spreadsheets and reports
- Assist in the production of new reports and ad hoc provision of information for one-off requests.
- Prepare presentations based on the reports and data
- Produce and support business change opportunities where applicable
- Facilitate monthly business meetings
- To produce and manage the Special projects communications strategy, this will include internal and external communications. The role will also require use of various communications media (social media, intranet, presentations etc)
- To support the Area head ofon any operational requirements to aid performance
What we are looking for
- Educated to degree level; students in their second or third year of their degree as well as graduates within a year of graduation.
- Good communication skills and confident when dealing with internal and external customers
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse data and spot trends and changes
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel including use of macro and selection criteria
- High accuracy essential
- Project experience is not essential however could be advantageous.
Don't worry, you won't be going it alone. Your mentor and manager will work with you as you progress through your placement and support you as you work towards your personal development goals.
When you join our Intern Scheme you'll receive a good salary, and you'll also be eligible for a bonus of up to 7.5%.
You get 26 days holiday to take during your placement, and at our fantastic Lingley Mere site we have an onsite gym, coffee shops and other great facilities. And while access to an award-winning pension scheme might not be top of your priorities right now, responsible employers like us make sure you get one anyway – you'll pay 5% in to your pot and you'll get an extra 10% from the company. And that's not the only way to save, as you'll be able to buy company shares as part of the employee share buy scheme.
How to apply
All roles will be advertised on our United Utilities Career's Page. Roles will be advertised on selected University portals to encourage applications. All applications will need to be completed online through the United Utilities Careers Page.
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation, or social background.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.