About the role:
Working in the Performance Risk and Optimisation team this role provides analytical insight to our frontline waste water network teams, directly impacting high profile performance measures.
You will use your GIS skills and data science to analyse the performance of waste water networks and sewage pumping stations. You will use statistical modelling, data mining, innovative analytical tools, and advanced data visualisation techniques to identify trends and provide insight on asset performance and risk, directly influencing the customer and environmental services we provide.Key Accountabilities:
- Working within a team of like-minded analysts on a stimulating mixture of collaborative projects and independent analysis that require a proactive approach
- Analysing and interpreting asset and performance data to identify and manage risk to optimise asset performance
- Developing spatial risk models in GIS, using innovative and advanced techniques to improve existing models and build new tools
- Undertaking statistical analysis on catchment performance under different scenarios, and monitoring benefits of interventions to inform local and strategic decisions
- Applying spatial analysis to develop data-led programmes of work to balance asset performance, risk and cost
- Visualising data insights and communicating findings in an appropriate way to different stakeholders
- Supporting operational teams with insight to directly inform and prioritise activities in high risk locations
- Collaborating with a community of GIS and analytical experts to share information and produce standardised analysis and modelling across the company
The role will build on your existing investigative and analytical skills, developing the ability to analyse detailed information, disseminate findings and collaborate with a varied audience, and influence decisions at different levels up to senior management.To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
This is a specialised role, you will be inquisitive and have experience of solving analytical problems with innovative solutions.
What’s in it for you:
- Advanced GIS analytical skills:
- Experience of using ArcGIS (or equivalent GIS products) to develop processes and analytical solutions to challenging projects
- Experience of GIS tools and extensions such as Data Interoperability (FME), Spatial Analyst, Network Analyst, Python scripting, Model Builder
- Ability to manage data and perform advanced analysis in non-GIS tools, including database management, statistical modelling software, and the use of scripting and automation techniques to identify trends and insight
- Excellent data visualisation skills, clear outputs in a variety of formats including Power BI and ArcGIS Online mapping (or equivalents)
- Can proactively gather information by investigating a topic, interacting with other teams, and picking out relevant details
- Logical, structured and self-driven approach to work, with good communication skills
- Attention to detail, plus the ability to understand the wider context of analytical tasks
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.