Base Location: Glasgow
Salary: £52,800 - £79,200 depending on skills and experience + excellent benefits + + annual bonus
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working patterns available
About the Department
SSE Renewables is the UK and Ireland's leading renewable energy company. Our aim is to be the largest and most efficient developer of onshore and offshore wind in the UK and Ireland. We drive new growth by identifying, developing, building and operating high quality assets in GB, Ireland and internationally. In order to contribute to a low carbon future we have committed to treble our current Renewables output by 2030.
What is the Role?
As Package Manager, you'll be accountable for leading a significant package of work (+£1bn) for Seagreen Wind Energy Ltd, dealing with all matters relating to the commercial and contractual negotiations, design, specification, supply, transport, installation and commissioning of the package and associated ancillary packages.
Seagreen is a complex project and will be Scotland's largest offshore wind farm, therefore it is critical the package is delivered safely, on time and within budget, and that you manage and mitigate risks as they arise.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include;
- Lead and manage the Package and Team, including relevant direct and indirect resources.
- Manage the package contracting and procurement strategy.
- Oversee all interfaces within the Package, ensuring close liaison with other package managers to minimise / eliminate inter-package interface issues and foster a close, collaborative working relationship.
- Ensure the appropriate management of all Contracts associated with the Package
- Report on the Package activities, including SHE statistics, programme progress, budget track, quality monitoring and resourcing on a weekly basis.
- Lead, manages and develop the Package team to ensure a high performance, engagement motivation in order to deliver a winning bid. Ensure that all team members are set relevant and challenging objectives with personal development plans in place to support their delivery.
What do I need?
We are looking for someone who is educated to degree level within an engineering discipline, with experience of complex, large scale, multi-disciplinary joint venture projects.
Extensive project management experience will be essential, as is a strong understanding of major project delivery.
You'll have a proven background in leading a motivating a multi-disciplined team, setting clear goals and objectives, and measuring the performance against them.
The ability to manage multiple projects and or business requirements simultaneously will also be essential.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Why not watch our short employee benefits video to see what else is on offer?
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require to submit your application please contact Pamela Fleming. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
Please be aware if you are successful, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining SSE.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.