£21,000 to £23,000 per annum
You will be responsible for the upkeep of the grounds at our sites across the region as well as some maintenance work at our reservoirs and treatment plants. You will undertake a wide range of grounds maintenance work during the summer months, including cutting grass, erecting and repairing fencing, maintaining trees and bushes and general labouring work.
During the winter months, you will be involved in maintenance work at our treatment plants and reservoirs. You will complete basic mechanical work and a range of cleaning activities, primarily pressure washing equipment and water storage vessels.
We’ll provide all the training you need to bring you up to speed and equip you with the skills you need. What’s more, you’ll be working as part of a friendly team who take on a huge variety of different work, so your working week always remains interesting.
As part of your role, you will need to work at height and within confined spaces at times and so the ability and willingness to do this will be key.
- Cut grass and maintain grounds at all production sites using plant available
- Operate large grounds care equipment including agricultural tractors/loaders
- Carry out routine daily maintenance or running checks on equipment being used and report defects
- Carry out fencing repair/erection work
- Clean all types of tank/reservoir including sterilisation where necessary
- Set-up, operate and dismantle temporary pumping plant
- Carry out basic tree surgery including removing limbs, cutting up fallen trees, etc, but excluding felling large trees or use of chainsaw off the ground
- Assist in loading/off-loading deliveries of materials
- Carry out basic painting of plant
- Carry out any other general labouring duties
You will need a full driving license and a good standard of physical fitness as you will be lifting, carrying and moving the majority of the time. You will;
- Be able to take direction and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Communicate effectively with your team
- Have GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
It would be ideal if you have any previous labouring experience or experience with using mechanical plant, chainsaw, forklifts or towing trailers. Additionally, knowledge of the hazardous material transportation, breathing apparatus or confined spaces would be beneficial.
SES Water are at the forefront of our industry with our smart technology rolled out across our entire network, helping us to identify and respond to leaks at speed. We are proud of our company and the work we carry out, providing a safe and reliable water supply to over 730,000 customers.
We are committed to the communities we work in and are proud to hold two Biodiversity Awards and support our local communities by offering all colleagues the opportunity to ‘Give A Day’ to a local charity or good cause.
We have an inclusive environment and embrace our differences, recognising that we can only maintain our innovative approach by drawing on all our experiences. We encourage collaboration across teams and embrace new ideas and ways of working.
What We Offer:
SES Water value our employees wellbeing and have created a package to care for both your financial needs and personal wellbeing;
For your financial wellbeing:
- Salary £21,000 to £23,000 per annum
- Employer contribution up to 10% on our Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life assurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Salary Finance: Financial education, loans and savings
- On site garage with service discount
For your personal wellbeing:
- 25 days annual leave which will increase to 27 days with length of service
- Health care Cash back scheme and Surgical Choices
- On site Mental Health First-Aiders and free annual health checks
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year